Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why doesn't religion ever get a product recall?
Why doesn't religion ever get a product recall?
It's bullshit, isn't it.

The slightest chance that a seatbelt bolt might come loose warrants a legally mandated recall costing car manufacturers millions of dollars... Hell, even perfectly good food products with the wrong amount of fat or sugar printed on the packaging get recalled off the shelf.

Where are the lemon laws for religion's products! Why does it get immunity from all aspects of consumer law?
Where do I go if I pray for the pony but don't get the one I requested in a timely fashion?
I think it's time to bring the liquidators in me thinks.. Huh

It's not fair that religious consumers should be getting screwed all the time by big business!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Why doesn't religion ever get a product recall?
Well, the Mormons revised, edited, updated, corrected, and rewrote every one of Gods direct revelations they received up unto just a few decades ago.

I'd consider that a recall for factory defects.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the revelations that were changed, needed to be changed again. And no, they never changed one back to the original 'as received' condition.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Because religion isn't a product, it's a service. Mind, a good case could probably made that religionists are guilty of false advertising, breach of promise, promulgating unreasonable expectations and so forth.

If it were a product, I'm not sure how a recall would operate. If your coffee maker, for example, is recalled, you take it someplace and say, 'Give me one of these that works.' I can't really see myself going to a Religion Product Recall Centre and saying, 'Catholicism is broken - give me a religion that works.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 21, 2017 at 7:26 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Well, the Mormons revised, edited, updated, corrected, and rewrote every one of Gods direct revelations they received up unto just a few decades ago.

I'd consider that a recall for factory defects.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the revelations that were changed, needed to be changed again.  And no, they never changed one back to the original 'as received' condition.

And does the new revised product deliver any better or worse than the original?
What has actually changed in any meaningful way?... Easier digestion? 30% efficiency saving on mental gymnastics?

Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well, the polygamy revelation was revised to drop the requirement that wives subsequent to the first had to be Native American. Brigham Young tried 2 and found them lacking, so he abandoned them in Council Bluffs Iowa and had the revelation rewritten.

There was also, IIRC, at one time the first wife had to give consent for subsequent wives, but that was found to be unworkable. First wives still needed to give consent, but their husbands could do so on their behalf.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Perhaps we need a Ralph Nader of Religions.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(February 21, 2017 at 7:11 pm)ignoramus Wrote: It's bullshit, isn't it.

The slightest chance that a seatbelt bolt might come loose warrants a legally mandated recall costing car manufacturers millions of dollars... Hell, even perfectly good food products with the wrong amount of fat or sugar printed on the packaging  get recalled off the shelf.

Where are the lemon laws for religion's products! Why does it get immunity from all aspects of consumer law?
Where do I go if I pray for the pony but don't get the one I requested in a timely fashion?

It's not fair that religious consumers should be getting screwed all the time by big business!

Religion doesn't get a recall for the same reason trump never shuts up.
Because you can't have a product recall on something that's considered a concept, albeit a very poorly designed concept, but one none the less.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Judi, what other "concepts" do people pay for regularly without any guarantee of results either expressed or implied?
I think religion is the only unique exception to the rule...
What happened to separation of church and state (laws)? Not that it was ever fucking truly separated! Lol!

(February 21, 2017 at 10:33 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(February 21, 2017 at 7:11 pm)ignoramus Wrote: It's bullshit, isn't it.

The slightest chance that a seatbelt bolt might come loose warrants a legally mandated recall costing car manufacturers millions of dollars... Hell, even perfectly good food products with the wrong amount of fat or sugar printed on the packaging  get recalled off the shelf.

Religion doesn't get a recall for the same reason trump never shuts up.

You get what you pay for! And boy, are you going to pay for it! Big Grin
Or is it the Mexicans? I can never keep up?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(February 21, 2017 at 10:35 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Because you can't have a product recall on something that's considered a concept, albeit a very poorly designed concept, but one none the less.

You can't get a product recall when the product's value to its perpetrators depends on convincing yokels that it's never wrong or suboptimal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My god doesn't owe you an explaination! T.J. 22 2162 November 29, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why did God get rid of the Trilobites? Jehanne 41 2920 October 24, 2021 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Prophecy doesn't make sense zwanzig 26 2504 March 12, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why does God get the credit? Cod 91 7326 July 29, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: comet
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4832 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1259 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Lets say that tomorow it will be proven that God doesn't exist , religion will fade , notimportant1234 54 11164 October 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3614 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture? Spixri 33 9327 April 7, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Deadliest religion ever? SuperSentient 125 17425 March 31, 2017 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Nanny