Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The CJIS thread appears to be non functioning
The CJIS thread appears to be non functioning
At least non functioning for me. I've made several posts and can't see any of them. They were all a reply to post #3389. I select post and it flips to page 1.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: The CJIS thread appears to be non functioning
Sigh. Ok, so the upgrade didn't fix the issue. It seems to just be happening in longer threads now though.

I applied the same temporary fix, is it working now?
It's unusual for a thread to go over 1000 posts.

Just be easier to have a CIJS.2 thread ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 23, 2017 at 12:57 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Sigh. Ok, so the upgrade didn't fix the issue. It seems to just be happening in longer threads now though.

I applied the same temporary fix, is it working now?

Just reporting Tibs, no worries. Don't get down on yourself. 

I'll check on working.

Edit: Yep, working. Thanks.
Yeah, the thing is it shouldn't be doing it at all, there's no reason.

I'm wondering whether it's an indexing issue, as I have a load of custom indexes set up (the forum software by default doesn't have any, but without them pages take upwards of 10 seconds to load). The issue seems to resolve when I force the database to write all changes to disk.

I think I'll set aside some time next week to upgrade the forum itself and see if that does anything, maybe run some optimization on the db.
I hope you didn't expect me to understand any of that. But I do thank you for the effort(s).
(February 23, 2017 at 2:25 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I hope you didn't expect me to understand any of that. But I do thank you for the effort(s).

"It broke.  Tibs fix."

Big Grin
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 23, 2017 at 2:25 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I hope you didn't expect me to understand any of that. But I do thank you for the effort(s).

Bahaha! Ditto.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
I take it you're using mysql for backend?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(February 23, 2017 at 6:55 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I take it you're using mysql for backend?

I thought that was Vorlon's trick?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Make the "civil" discussion part of the forum invisible to non members GUBU 54 8100 November 18, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  What's with the annoying "Save" shit that appears everywhere? rado84 30 3604 July 19, 2016 at 7:22 am
Last Post: rado84