Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are those on the right so concerned with masculinity
Why are those on the right so concerned with masculinity
I cannot tell you the amount of times I've been called a "Liberal Cuck" on sites like Facebook just because I'm for LGBT rights, minority rights, women's rights and Sensible gun laws.  But according to some far right wingers I've come across on with Facebook call me a cuck. I even had someone tell me that since I never fought in the army I shouldn't be able to have a voice and such. Or another instance a gun nut told me that they better hope they're their to protect me when we get invaded by a foreign country. [I do own guns]. I do not however tote them around to show everyone. I honestly feel the reason some do this is because they are trying to compensate for "something else".

I just never understood it. It just seems Republicans have this insecurity where they're insecure about their masculinity. Like they somehow think caring about minorities is somehow a sign of weakness. I don't even consider myself a Liberal, in fact I'm a registered independent but I am probably more Libertarian.

Check out this really interesting peace Bill Maher does about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-YcK_jDrM

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Why are those on the right so concerned with masculinity
(February 24, 2017 at 1:13 am)It_Was_me Wrote: I cannot tell you the amount of times I've been called a "Liberal Cuck" on sites like Facebook just because I'm for LGBT rights, minority rights, women's rights and Sensible gun laws.  But according to some far right wingers I've come across on with Facebook call me a cuck. I even had someone tell me that since I never fought in the army I shouldn't be able to have a voice and such. Or another instance a gun nut told me that they better hope they're their to protect me when we get invaded by a foreign country. [I do own guns]. I do not however tote them around to show everyone. I honestly feel the reason some do this is because they are trying to compensate for "something else".

I just never understood it. It just seems Republicans have this insecurity where they're insecure about their masculinity. Like they somehow think caring about minorities is somehow a sign of weakness. I don't even consider myself a Liberal, in fact I'm a registered independent but I am probably more Libertarian.

Check out this really interesting peace Bill Maher does about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-YcK_jDrM

I've difficulties following this video without subtitles (captions are only auto-generated on this one).

That must be tough. It sounds like you're in America. I don't know much about politics there but I'm for LGBT rights, minority rights, women's rights and disability rights. I'm from Sydney, Australia but I can imagine what you're saying. Republicans are ones within Trump's party, right? Generally, these people may be religious, depending on if you're in the Bible Belt. Most religious people are rude and insensitive enough to name-call someone who's different.
They seem to be convinced that taking low blows like that is an intellectually acceptable alternative to actually debating the question. This is what happens when you get mass support for a presidential candidate who speaks at a third grade level and introduced open racism to mainstream American politics for the first time since George Wallace's presidential run.

Also, with the word "Cuck" I have to show this image:

[Image: sstarwarscuckballenhanced.png]
There's more in(s)anity in a larger infographic. Seriously, it shows how meaningless their use of "cuck" actually is, especially given that, to most viewers of The Force Awakens, BB-8, the "Little White Cuck Ball," is easily one of the most popular (if not the most popular) new character in the film.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I'm a big fan of masculinity.

Big burly hairy sweaty masculine mens who want me to fuck them in the ass.

And I don't care that to date, quite a few of them have been pretty damn conservative.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 24, 2017 at 1:13 am)It_Was_me Wrote: I cannot tell you the amount of times I've been called a "Liberal Cuck" on sites like Facebook just because I'm for LGBT rights, minority rights, women's rights and Sensible gun laws.  But according to some far right wingers I've come across on with Facebook call me a cuck. I even had someone tell me that since I never fought in the army I shouldn't be able to have a voice and such. Or another instance a gun nut told me that they better hope they're their to protect me when we get invaded by a foreign country. [I do own guns]. I do not however tote them around to show everyone. I honestly feel the reason some do this is because they are trying to compensate for "something else".

Usually when it's related to women the liberal person gets called a white knight.

Cuck is essentially someone who gives up breeding/passing on their genetic line and promotes someone elses breeding. Often of a different ethnic background.

In general white, left wing, atheists have low birth rates with little genetic investment in the future and they're also pro immigration and for diversity.

But I don't know if these terms are even used that much, if it's just an American thing or what.  The only time I've ever heard any of these terms used is by my friend who's fairly left wing and he uses cuck as a general insult just to mean someone who's sexually inferior.  But I live in the UK.

I can't remember being called a cuck ever but I'm sure I got called a white knight once on the youtube comments.  I'm not on facebook anyway.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

A fella once told me, 'You're not liberal enough.' I responded by producing my SDLP membership card and stapling it to his forehead.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Because they are insecure in their ability to be men.

It's basically a kind of sexism towards men and a bunch of stereotypes they believe are defaults, You know, that shit about how you have to drink beer, love guns, love war, be obsessed with sports, and act and dress like 1955 never ended. They think being a man is all about the image one puts forth, rather than ones ability to have integrity and honesty, even when it goes against ones own self-interests.

Next time they give you shit about your support for gay rights tell them "you're the one calling an old bearded Jew daddy!".
(February 24, 2017 at 1:13 am)It_Was_me Wrote: [...]I just never understood it. It just seems Republicans have this insecurity where they're insecure about their masculinity. [...]

Because deep down, republic*nts dream of being f*cked up the ar*e by a whole tribe of large, dark-skinned dudes. That's why they feel they have to protest so much and put up all this macho facade...

But seriously - conservatives, especially white barely educated males, don't have much to offer in terms of smarts, or creativity. All the achievements they can claim generally come down to having been born with a c*ck - however laughably underdeveloped.

In the "olden times", that primitives long for, having a penis made you automatically higher status than at least half the population - as long as you were white, anyway. Now the f*ckers are scared, because they have to compete for jobs with women, homosexuals, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities. So they put on a desperate show, consisting mainly of puffing up their chests and throwing feces around, like threatened apes.

And they should be scared. The society is moving forward, machines can do pretty much everything the average mouth-breather can, and macho-posturing is going out of fashion. They're a dying breed and they know it. Hence the panic and the desperate attempts at remaining relevant in a world, where you can't solve all your problems with punches.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
OP: Maybe you should go out and meet some IRL. The internet provides a skewed window on the world.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 24, 2017 at 8:28 am)mh.brewer Wrote: OP: Maybe you should go out and meet some IRL. The internet provides a skewed window on the world.

Wait...you mean the Nigerian Finance Minister doesn't really want to give me $20 000 000? Fuck.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those Political Memes Foxaèr 826 58711 7 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4428 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Toxic masculinity and sexual assault RobbyPants 71 5854 September 30, 2018 at 9:38 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Why are those who support Trump defending him so much GODZILLA 14 1663 June 14, 2018 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  So What Are Those "Christian" Values, Dickwad? Minimalist 11 1838 April 30, 2018 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Will those cocksnots in the GOP ever grow a spine? GODZILLA 21 3752 March 13, 2018 at 7:12 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Do you agree or disagree with this phrase about those who serve in the Millitary? NuclearEnergy 33 4379 October 25, 2017 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  Those sad Trump internet trolls/tough guys NuclearEnergy 11 2553 July 16, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What are those die hard Trump defenders getting in return for their loyalty? NuclearEnergy 16 4765 July 12, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Farmers concerned with workforce being departed Kosh 1 536 June 20, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama