Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bacon
Bacon
Is it a coincidence that the main religions shun bacon, the most delicious food stuff on the planet, and the 'father' of the scientific method was Francis Bacon?

The bible warned of bacon, and Bacon has indeed indirectly led to much of its undoing.
[emoji38]
RE: Bacon
That's meta as shit.

If I were high, I would be Googling how to start a bacon church.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Christians don't persecute bacon as the other two Abramic religion do. But at the time they banned pork it was one of the few reasonable provisions. One probably made by observation of pork having the ability to make you sick, given that there were no modern standards of hygiene or food treatment.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
[Image: Bacon-Prayer.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ml7kjcJxAB1qbih6so1_500.gif]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Bacon
Some people are Bacon.
[Image: 0695dd9506455498b3d34e89abf24e2e.jpg]
Bacon, quite simply, is 'meat candy' (it can also be made to cook itself, if you light it with a Ronson). I must treat as suspect any faith that shuns bacon and the eating thereof.

Come to think on it, the very existence of pigs could be taken as an argument for the existence of a beneficent God. Almost every part of a pig is edible (as well as tasty), the hides make good quality leather, and the bristles have had commercial applications for centuries. Pigs are easy and cheap to keep and feed, they breed quickly, they can be trained to find truffles and other goodies, and some breeds make acceptable pets (true, most pig breeds are mean, fast and smart, and would just as soon eat you as look at you, but these things are trade-offs). I'm surprised that some theist or other hasn't actually singled out the lowly pig as evidence that God loves us and wants to take care of us.

All hail the pig.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Why would a 'perfect' god create such an imperfect animal?  For that matter, why would a 'perfect' god create dicks with foreskins and then demand they be cut off?

'God' comes up very short on the perfection scale.
I didn't say the pig argument was a good one, just that I was surprised someone hadn't made it. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
IN such ways does "theology" progress.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's National Bacon Day brewer 21 1999 December 30, 2018 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Six degrees of Bacon game Joods 14 1337 March 9, 2017 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Bacon: Because I didn't find a food thread. Owlix 23 4908 November 15, 2013 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  What if we run out of bacon? L.A.F. 37 8093 April 30, 2013 at 8:40 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko