Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you recommend one go down a few pant sizes
How would you recommend one go down a few pant sizes
Really random, I know. But I'm somewhat overweight and could stand to lose a few lbs. My goal is to go down 2 pant sizes by Fall.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: How would you recommend one go down a few pant sizes
Excercise + calorie management + diet
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

calories in vs calories out.

look into counting calories, every thing is scannable with apps now a days, makes it easy.
Whatevs, didn't you start a thread on your own journey?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(February 26, 2017 at 1:59 am)It_Was_me Wrote: Really random, I know. But I'm somewhat overweight and could stand to lose a few lbs. My goal is to go down 2 pant sizes by Fall.

Long walks where there are no fast food places.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Change to sweat pants, no sizes. 

Drop one meal a day, no snacking.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Come work with me.
Eat less, move more.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 26, 2017 at 1:59 am)It_Was_me Wrote: Really random, I know. But I'm somewhat overweight and could stand to lose a few lbs. My goal is to go down 2 pant sizes by Fall.

Yeah, eventually your metabolism will desert you and you'll either supersize or you'll put your inner adult in charge of snacking.  Food as a reward or compensation for something shitty you have to endure .. bad idea.  Exercise is important too but for me the key has been calorie management.  My older joints aren't going to allow me work out at a rate sufficient to burn up ice cream sundaes, beer and deep fat fried anything.

Fortunately habits and mindsets are amenable to reset and it all gets easier if you can persist long enough to actually reset them.  Find other things to keep you inner kid happy. Just don't give him junk food and snacks no matter how much he bawls.
(February 26, 2017 at 8:37 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Drop one meal a day, no snacking.

No, that'd be counter-productive. Increasing the number of meals would be more beneficial as long as the total calorie intake is monitored properly.Eating 5-6 times a day will help increase metabolism, and if spread out evenly will keep you from feeling hungry. Also healthy snacking can be quite helpful in avoiding fast-food cravings. Oh and drink loads of water. If nothing else, you'd be too busy peeing to think about eating. Teach your body to always be active and you'll get better results than being active at only certain times of the day.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2171 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheist Discussion down Thumpalumpacus 16 1206 June 15, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2021 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1328 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Cats Will Not Take This Lying Down Minimalist 81 9291 September 1, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Shut Everything Down - Barack Obama Just Won The Internet BrianSoddingBoru4 30 2674 August 5, 2018 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  First World problems getting you down? We're here for support. ignoramus 68 7345 June 18, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Minimilist and others...can you recommend books? Mystic 5 633 April 17, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5218 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Few questions...who you are? KittyAnn 18 1969 April 8, 2018 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Astreja