Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Shit. I Had To Play The Video To Make Sure the Headline Was Right
Ben Carson just said that slaves were immigrants who came to America, too.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/ben-cars...happiness/

Quote:Housing and Urban Housing Secretary Ben Carson on Monday said that African-Americans slaves were “immigrants” who came to the U.S. with dreams of building a better future for their children.

Yes.  He said it.  WTF is wrong with this asshole?
He didn't say that they voluntarily came here.
RE: Holy Shit. I Had To Play The Video To Make Sure the Headline Was Right
He said they had dreams of a better future for their children and grandchildren, man.  How fucked up is that?

BTW, the very notion of slavery would dispute the concept of "immigration."

Quote: Definition of immigrant

:  one that immigrates: such asa :  a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence

That's sort of like a rapist calling his victim a sex partner.
(March 6, 2017 at 6:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: He said they had dreams of a better future for their children and grandchildren, man.  How fucked up is that?
I would hope they had dreams of a better future for their kids. Being a slave sucks.

I get your point. Carson is a dumbass.

Carson is a house negro.
I knew he was a pretty stupid guy for a neurosurgeon, but now it looks like he's some kind of idiot savant. He does one thing well, which is neurosurgery, but otherwise he's a complete moron. When someone kidnaps you, and drags you to another country, that's not immigration.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 6, 2017 at 4:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Ben Carson just said that slaves were immigrants who came to America, too.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/ben-cars...happiness/

Quote:Housing and Urban Housing Secretary Ben Carson on Monday said that African-Americans slaves were “immigrants” who came to the U.S. with dreams of building a better future for their children.

Yes.  He said it.  WTF is wrong with this asshole?

I suppose it's technically accurate, since they did come to the U.S., and many presumably did dream that someday, their descendants wouldn't have to resort to working as unpaid field hands working on pain of whatever torture Massa was willing to inflict on you. Not sure what one has to do with the other in this particular case, but I suppose it might look kind of accurate if you kind of squint hard enough.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Carson is probably glad that his ancestors were slaves so he can have such a lavish life now.
'So, n'Tonga, you want a better life for your children?'

'Oh, yes, please!'

'Grand! Now hold still while I fix these manacles...'

'Wait, what?'

Boru

Quote:I suppose it's technically accurate, since they did come to the U.S.,

You understand the difference between '...come to the U.S.' and 'brought to the U.S. chained in the stinking hold of a slave ship', right?

Boru

Quote:Carson is probably glad that his ancestors were slaves so he can have such a lavish life now.

How do you know his ancestors were slaves?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 6, 2017 at 8:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How do you know his ancestors were slaves?

https://www.ancestry.com
(March 6, 2017 at 6:48 pm)KUSA Wrote: Carson is a house negro.

I haven't heard that term in 30 years.  Brings back memories.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turnabout is fair play LinuxGal 1 489 August 8, 2023 at 1:11 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 329 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8888 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1741 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 861 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Was it a modern day lynching? Not sure it fits the category jasonelijah 29 1288 March 30, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Are you sure you want to do that? onlinebiker 40 2154 January 12, 2021 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Lame Duck Shit Show brewer 46 2088 November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Saudi Arabia had been sold :) WinterHold 4 1225 January 25, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Coming From Anyone Else This Would Just Be The Usual Nauseating Shit Minimalist 3 823 October 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Joods