Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for Hitchens day
Pray for Hitchens day
Well, it looks like the Christians are hard at work yet again taking advantage of a bad situation in order to gain new converts and show the world how loving and compassionate they can be. What fucking hypocrites!! They are doing what they do best and that is taking advantage of a high profile atheist who is dying in order to continue to perpetuate their myths. I will not be surprised if after his death they begin circulating death bed conversion stories despite Hitchens statements.

I admire his tenacity, that is a man that demonstrates that he believes in his cause and in sickness or in health he will not back pedal from his position. He basically told the Christians that they can keep their prayers since he does not believe that incantations can affect the real world lol. Christians, go back to your churches and leave this man alone. He does not need nor want your outward display of hypocrisy.

Pray for hitchens day

There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

RE: Pray for Hitchens day
I've read about this. Hitchens realises he doesn't have long to live and wants to be remembered as a man who stood for science and reason over superstition and irrationality. While I will not talk to myself (pray) for Hitchens, he has my utmost respect.

No doubt there will be the religious morons out there who claim his disease was given as a punishment by their invisible friend, at the same time ignoring millions of other people are dying due to the same disease, religious or not. If an atheist has a terminal disease, it is a punishment by their sky daddy for not believing, but if he was a Christian then "It is god's will, he works in mysterious ways".

Major hypocrite assholes those Christians.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
I just think it would be nice if he posted a PO box or his address somewhere, so atheists and fans can send him mail. Not that he will ever read most of it just so he understands how much he is loved and how much respect he has. I think that would at least make him feel a tad better... It's gonna suck to lose someone who I really look upto. Probably gonna cry a bit... yeah I know that is sad and weak but there is so much this man could have done. So much more good he could have done. There will not be another like him for a while... if ever.
(September 21, 2010 at 7:00 am)chatpilot Wrote: Well, it looks like the Christians are hard at work yet again taking advantage of a bad situation in order to gain new converts and show the world how loving and compassionate they can be. What fucking hypocrites!! They are doing what they do best and that is taking advantage of a high profile atheist who is dying in order to continue to perpetuate their myths. I will not be surprised if after his death they begin circulating death bed conversion stories despite Hitchens statements.

I admire his tenacity, that is a man that demonstrates that he believes in his cause and in sickness or in health he will not back pedal from his position. He basically told the Christians that they can keep their prayers since he does not believe that incantations can affect the real world lol. Christians, go back to your churches and leave this man alone. He does not need nor want your outward display of hypocrisy.

Pray for hitchens day

That's pretty sick actually. Christians gloating over a dieing man pretending with a smirk that they're giving him their compassion.
[Image: cassandrasaid.jpg]
God must be punishing him.

Now, in all seriousness...this is not OK. Block
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
If they did care and really wanted to help, they'd stop spending money on their imaginary friend and start donating money to cancer research!
Stop praying and put your hands to use already.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
It's brilliant. After the prayer study they know that people who know they pray for have a higher chance of complications in their sickness. They're killing him with prayer.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
My favorite quote from one of Americas greatest orators and writers

"I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. "
Frederick Douglass

Translation: If he would have waited on the Lord he would have died a slave. Prayer is as useless as priests jerking off, they still feel the urge to molest kids no matter how many times they masturbate.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Douglass rocks.
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
(September 21, 2010 at 11:08 am)Live_free Wrote: I just think it would be nice if he posted a PO box or his address somewhere, so atheists and fans can send him mail. Not that he will ever read most of it just so he understands how much he is loved and how much respect he has.

Yes, but what do you think the CHRISTIANS would do?
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hitchens, Dawkins, Hawking, Ehrman, Coin, Sagan: Where are the Woman? Rhondazvous 44 4069 January 14, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Long before Hitchens/Dawkins/Harris...... Brian37 3 1717 March 25, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Critique of "God is Not Great" by Christoper Hitchens phil-lndn 74 12219 January 24, 2016 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Atheists Pray! (According to Christians) piterski123 42 7781 June 25, 2015 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Does anyone else miss Christopher Hitchens? TheMessiah 13 4269 March 12, 2015 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: QuarkDriven
  Prinicipal just made us pray JaceDeanLove 52 11381 December 16, 2014 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  I'll pray for you markib64 32 6266 October 20, 2014 at 11:41 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheists do you pray? Celestine 75 11826 September 26, 2014 at 10:48 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  An idiot blasting Hitchens. Brian37 13 4586 April 9, 2014 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  In my opinion most important Hitchens debate tor 0 1400 March 24, 2014 at 3:13 am
Last Post: tor