Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author
Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author
If only the UK would allow it...

I would support this.  Big Grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39510351

Quote:As Scotland pushes for a second referendum on independence, one man is asking the previously unthinkable - if you're going to quit the UK, why not join Canada?

Canadian writer Ken McGoogan says the unorthodox alliance makes sense.

"I think it would be terrific for both Scotland and Canada," he says.

McGoogan first laid out his proposal in an opinion piece published in Canadian newspaper the Globe and Mail, where he argued that advancements in telecommunication technology and transatlantic travel have rendered pesky things like geographical boundaries "irrelevant".

Besides, he points out, Scotland is closer to Newfoundland than Hawaii is to California.

Last week, the Scottish Parliament voted in favour of asking the UK government to allow a legally-binding referendum on independence.

Prime Minister Theresa May has said the vote should wait until after Brexit.

RE: Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author
Hell, offer them state hood in the US of A.

{I'm serious}
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The WLB hates them because of their wind farms and his fucking golf courses.
(April 7, 2017 at 3:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The WLB hates them because of their wind farms and his fucking golf courses.

The majority of people here seem to hate him too.
I'd rather have Jamaica become a province. I would move there in a second.
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.
Are you guys even polite enough to join canada?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I don't suppose you folks would mind annexing Washington state....
(April 7, 2017 at 3:58 pm)Crunchy Wrote: I'd rather have Jamaica become a province. I would move there in a second.

B-but...please.  Sad
(April 7, 2017 at 3:57 pm)Isis Wrote:
(April 7, 2017 at 3:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The WLB hates them because of their wind farms and his fucking golf courses.

The majority of people here seem to hate him too.

Excellent judges of character.

(April 7, 2017 at 3:58 pm)Crunchy Wrote: I'd rather have Jamaica become a province. I would move there in a second.

I love their coffee.
I'm not opposed to closer ties with a country filled with hairy mens . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 889 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1038 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4369 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 342 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Border Patrol Racially Profiling. Near Canada. BrianSoddingBoru4 3 697 February 19, 2019 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2170 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  So He Could Tolerate Everything Else But This? Minimalist 4 695 August 13, 2018 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Jordan Should Have Been A Priest Instead of a Congressman Minimalist 1 426 July 11, 2018 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  The WLB Wishes He Could Get Away With This Minimalist 1 500 May 30, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Now Who Knew Economics Could Be So "Complicated?" Minimalist 2 820 April 9, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: brewer