Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with Trump lovers comparing him to Reagan?
I really don't understand this logic. The man is nothing like Reagan.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: What's up with Trump lovers comparing him to Reagan?
Ronald Reagan (and especially Nancy) were VERY mindful of the Moral Majority's sensitivities regarding divorce and subsequent remarriage as their party was shamelessly pandering to them for their votes and Ronald had (for that era) a scandalous divorce in his past

I note Trump (shamelessly) flaunts his depraved and essentially disordered (im)morality to the successors of the Moral Majority and they happily (vicariously?) embrace it.

I might speculate that Jesus' head might be spinning as to how fast His followers have devolved in their morality . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Reagan was a senile old fuck and the WLB is just a dumb fuck.
(April 10, 2017 at 8:19 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: I really don't understand this logic. The man is nothing like Reagan.

They ran the same slogan.

[Image: 3be179876b3004344a07c3d5ee056a08.jpg]

[Image: 28d1cd208b39f1008d5527c1523f1c1c.jpg]
Two third-rate actors.
Two bit celebrities that became president. That is a commonality. Different taste in women though.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Who's comparing him to Reagan? That's one I haven't heard yet.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
They need someone (preferably American) to compare him to without totally embarrassing themselves.
  • Nixon was a crook who only got out of doing time because his Veep pardoned him as soon as possible.
  • Bush I was kind of bland.
  • Bush II turned out to be a total embarrassment who will most likely spend most of the rest of his life hoping The Hague doesn't get the balls to obtain a warrant for his arrest.
  • Let's be totally honest, does anyone remember ANYTHING about Gerald Ford, what he was like, and what his policies are besides damage control for Nixon's antics?
  • Eisenhower was practically a liberal.
  • They don't remember anyone before him, except Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and maybe Ulysses Grant (almost certainly more as the general who saved the Union than his washout of a presidency).
Who else is there, especially in America? I suppose you could compare him to Hitler or his good buddy Putin, South Africa's rapist HIV-denying president Jacob Zuma, or Italy's damn-near-president-for-life Silvio Berlusconi, but I'm fairly certain his supporters wouldn't bring Trump up in the same breath as those jackasses.

Then again, this is a man who clearly doesn't give a crap about morality whose supporters make up facts of their own. Do you really think accuracy in analogies matters to them?

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Ford:

Mayaguez
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm amazed they want to make the comparison
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1067 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1964 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What is it about Trump that has allowed him to acquire so many ardent followers? GODZILLA 53 4523 June 20, 2019 at 1:31 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36926 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  When FOX Fires Shep Smith I Hope MSNBC Hires Him Minimalist 2 506 August 2, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Joods
  Why are those who support Trump defending him so much GODZILLA 14 1698 June 14, 2018 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Lock Him Up! Lock Him Up!! Minimalist 2 403 May 16, 2018 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I'm Sure His Buddy Putin Could Put Something Together For Him Minimalist 1 642 January 17, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  I Despise Him! chimp3 11 1705 December 23, 2017 at 7:28 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Almost Makes Me Pine for Reagan's Astrologer Minimalist 6 922 November 28, 2017 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist