Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick fix marketing, and long term politics.
Quick fix marketing, and long term politics.
In the past couple of years I have seen a sudden increase of "addiction" adds for what to the layperson would seem like help. But what I see is the same quick edit marketing I see for Lawyer services and "BUT WAIT, ACT NOW AND YOU'LL GET THE SECOND FREE, just pay fees and shipping".

This is simply another marketing scam where insurance companies prey on the addicted and use fake adds to convince those that "free help" is available. Well yes and no. It is not to benefit the addict in an altruistic sense, but the third party referral entity. The tax payer simply ends up putting more money in the bank account of the "referral service" or the actual insurance company that pays for your treatment.

It is corporate crap, not designed to help the addicted but to help out third party exploiters and insurance companies. If the assholes who ran these "referral" services and the insurance companies who say they "pay" cared about the addicted, it would not read or be viewed like a fast past nutty used car salesman. 

We DONT need adds that benefit ultimately the private sector. We need the top to pay taxes.

I just caught the fine print in one of the adds again, and it refers to potential callers as "customers". NICE, so the vulnerable are a commodity?
RE: Quick fix marketing, and long term politics.
Lul wat??
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
It is possible to go sober without rehab. Imminent death has a way of providing focus and motivation that definitely exceeds filling out insurance forms.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 18, 2017 at 8:10 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: It is possible to go sober without rehab.  Imminent death has a way of providing focus and motivation that definitely exceeds filling out insurance forms.

Did you actually understand what he typed out there? Something about people adding something and rich people need to pay more taxes? I think I need a translator for Brian's posts.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(April 18, 2017 at 9:38 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(April 18, 2017 at 8:10 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: It is possible to go sober without rehab.  Imminent death has a way of providing focus and motivation that definitely exceeds filling out insurance forms.

Did you actually understand what he typed out there? Something about people adding something and rich people need to pay more taxes? I think I need a translator for Brian's posts.

No you don't, you summed it up right.

We are allowing far too much of the top to write laws that allow this. If we had universal health care and the rich payed more in taxes and workers had better pay, these adds wouldn't exist. These addiction adds are not public service adds they are third party referral adds and the money ends up in their bank accounts after the insurance company and rehab center get their cut.
the quickest fix actually in the long run is to primary a good 70%+ people out of power currently speaking.
and to be realistic starting out id say around 1 to 5% start small work your way up from there. That is the only way
to get things done. Since more people are running as of now against big name people those smaller people with grass roots
campaigns are really popular and even now as we speak democrats are being primaried.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
OP: Did you wake up on the wrong side of the victim bed?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2434 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 7033 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 329 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 779 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 491 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1334 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  Congressional Term Limits Aristocatt 30 2821 January 2, 2021 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 988 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 385 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Politics WinterHold 23 1554 January 20, 2020 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger