Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI director James Comey fired
FBI director James Comey fired
https://mic.com/articles/176716/fbi-dire....HPcVvyvLP

James Comey was fired from his position FBI Director on Tuesday evening, according to a statement issued by the White House.

"Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office," the statement read. "President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions."
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: FBI director James Comey fired
(May 9, 2017 at 6:10 pm)c172 Wrote: https://mic.com/articles/176716/fbi-dire....HPcVvyvLP

James Comey was fired from his position FBI Director on Tuesday evening, according to a statement issued by the White House.

"Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office," the statement read. "President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions."

Lol we posted near the same time Big Grin

Does this really surprise us thou
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Seems a bit ungrateful, seeing as how it was Comey who handed the presidency to Trump.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
This is... not good.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I remember when Nixon fired Archibald Cox.  It was the beginning of the end for him.
(May 9, 2017 at 7:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I remember when Nixon fired Archibald Cox.  It was the beginning of the end for him.

Quote:Mr. Cox devoted his considerable prestige, energy, and legal skills to advancing the cause of higher government ethics.

Never fly in this administration either.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Wow, he threw the dems a bone!!

Maybe this is a rebirth of bipartisan governance?

One big happy fambley!, Rally round Comey's withered corpse (metaphor) everbuddy !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 9, 2017 at 7:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I remember when Nixon fired Archibald Cox.  It was the beginning of the end for him.

I've already heard a couple of DC insiders use the phrase "Constitutional crisis".

(May 9, 2017 at 6:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Seems a bit ungrateful, seeing as how it was Comey who handed the presidency to Trump.

Boru

No shit. I don't like what Comey did either, it was very suspicious timing. If I am giving Comey the benefit of the doubt, which I am not because of his political bent, he at best was trying to follow the law, which is why he ended up saying it was nothing you could prosecute, but I doubt he'd be telling the complete truth if he said there was no bias. I think Trump used him and threw him under the bus. You see what Trump did to all the GOP competitors during the primaries.

The worst part is Comey didn't get even a phone call first. He found out like the general public. What Trump did reminds me of my asshole boss not firing me himself face to face. Lots of Cowboy fans love Jerry Jones, but what he did to Coach Landry was shitty.

I am not kidding, I think Trump's "management" style literally stems from his dads verbal abuse and "win no matter how or whom you hurt". Trump would take his mother's last dime and shove her into traffic if he thought it would get him a win.
I suspect that Trump wants these inquiries to go away - I suspect he will not get his way. He doesn't understand, apparently, that even the appearance of impropriety is going to be scrutinized.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rex Tillerson Blocked Saudi, U.A.E. from invading Qatar, promptly fired by Trump ReptilianPeon 0 204 August 11, 2018 at 3:23 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  James Gunn: what is your response to him being fired? Foxaèr 28 2748 August 3, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  McCain Tells Why He Gave The Steele Dossier to the FBI Minimalist 1 477 May 10, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did anyone watch the ABC Comey interview? Brian37 3 617 April 16, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Comey's book basically calls 45 a mafia boss/bully. Brian37 2 458 April 13, 2018 at 10:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  FBI raids Cohens office brewer 50 5474 April 10, 2018 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  James Holland dies at 92 Foxaèr 0 310 April 1, 2018 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  V.A. secretary Shulkin FIRED! c172 7 1087 March 29, 2018 at 1:55 pm
  Comey pulls KELSO BURN on you know who! Brian37 9 1408 February 2, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FBI looking at potential transfers from Russian banker to NRA Gawdzilla Sama 17 2264 January 19, 2018 at 12:09 pm