Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 1:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weiner pleads, Huma bolts . . .
Weiner pleads, Huma bolts . . .
Former Congresscritter Anthony Weiner pled guilty to a federal obscenity charge.  Currently separated, his wife Huma filed for divorce.

One might think losing his congressional seat might have sufficed for hitting bottom with his sexting addiction, but it didn't.  He went on to run for mayor of New York City when he again fouled up, but it wasn't enough, and now, with sentencing set for September, it looks like he will serve a couple years.

Just on general principal, most all the denizens in congress have earned a couple years in the can, I'd say Anthony got off very light, very light indeed.

Sounds like he'll be a registered sex offender too.  When his 15 year old sexting partner turns 18 or 21 (or whatever) I wonder if there will be a book deal or a National Enquirer tell all from her?

While I feel sorry for his 5 year old kid, can't say I have much in the way of sympathy for Huma . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Weiner pleads, Huma bolts . . .
I think he got off too light - must've been able to afford it. How obnoxious.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(May 20, 2017 at 3:28 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I think he got off too light - must've been able to afford it. How obnoxious.

^ Only the rich important people get a slap on the wrist and that is what this is and it's obvious.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Perhaps increased funding of public defenders is in other.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Shit.  Poor people don't need public defenders.  They need for the cops to stop killing them before the arrest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chicago Man Accidentally Shoots Himself in the Weiner After Robbing a Hotdog Stand Rhondazvous 6 975 November 7, 2017 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Royal Marine pleads guilty to terror charge account_inactive 33 3962 February 4, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: account_inactive