Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Your Weird Dreams
Share Your Weird Dreams
So, I am a very vivid dreamer. I have lucid dreams fairly frequently. I almost always remember a dream upon waking. Sometimes it fades away soon after, but it often sticks around. I have tons of memories of dreams spanning my whole life, including some recurring dreams or recurring settings in my dreams. I will sometimes "remember" where I am in a dream when it's a place I've only ever seen in a dream. I can then "find" my way around. Tibs thinks this is really weird, but I know some people just have active sleep. Anyway, I'm going to share the last few nights dreams since we mentioned dreams in the shoutbox.

So, last night, I dreamed that I was hanging out with my ex (an unlikely scenario, so this was definitely an anxiety dream). He invited me to his house for a party, but it was just him and my (former) stepson. I hung out with my stepson and then fell asleep on the couch. (Also very fucking unlikely.) While I slept, my ex's fiancé came home. While she was a little weird, she acted like this was sort of normal. I was seriously uncomfortable about the whole situation, given that my ex makes me anxious as fuck. Then, I went out with my best friend and we ran into another of our really good friends (who also happens to be my ex brother-in-law, but he's still one of my best friends), and he was like "Oh, we're going to a party at *ex-husband's*, you guys should come." All the time I'm thinking, "Why the fuck do people want me to hang out at his house?!" I was relieved when it was over.

The night before I had a way stranger and very cool dream. I grew up on a house that had about 30 acres or so behind it–all woods with one big field in front of it. Also, I watch a lot of zombie movies and t.v. Anyway, so I'm at this house I grew up in with a village full of people who are apparently hunkering down after some sort of apocalypse scenario. I'm not sure what, but I'm sure there would have been zombies if I slept longer, especially since Rick Grimes was there. Across the street there is a circus with a bunch of kids living in it. Obviously, it's derelict. They're not actually running a circus during the apocalypse. I go over and try to convince them to stay with us. The leader kid (a real bitch) acts like this is a big problem and kicks me and my village people out. We find out there is something in the circus making them sick (I think it was radiation. Apparently, being across the street from radiation is perfectly safe in my dreams), and also they are being attacked by the nightmare's baddies, so we go try to rescue them again. The leader chick leaves, stranding all the other kids, and I assume we take them in, but that's where I got all foggy and woke up. I do remember telling one of the kids we had a zoo to get them to come over.
RE: Share Your Weird Dreams
I think the strangest dream I remember was as a kid (about 8 or 9 years old I think) it involved me being chased upstairs by an angry christmas tree! Wtf was that about??
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

As a kid I had a recurring dream that my parents, my sister and I were taking a stroll and left my little brother back home. I kept telling my mom to go back and get him, but she said he was sleeping. My sister was holding my mom's hand tight and I was walking on the other side of the street when I got bit by something. Just then we heard an explosion. It was our house with my brother in it. Everyone froze looking at the explosion and I ran all the way back home. I'd always wake up crying and wanting to hug my brother. Sucky dream.

I also had a dream once that I was carrying a baby at a grocery store, when I dropped her and she turned into rice when she hit the floor.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Jesus christ shell, shut the door before vorlon hears you.......

I once dreamt that I was a strangling fog attacking joggers on a beautiful gold cost morning.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
for years I've been having the same recurring dream.

I own a big house (multiple levels, etc.), but there's always a part of it that's in ruins.

There's also always a secret crawlspace from an upstairs bedroom closet to somewhere else, seemingly random, in the house.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 31, 2017 at 5:41 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: I think the strangest dream I remember was as a kid (about 8 or 9 years old I think) it involved me being chased upstairs by an angry christmas tree!  Wtf was that about??

If it wasn't that long ago, I'd say you watched too much Doctor Who.

(May 31, 2017 at 6:05 pm)J a c k Wrote: As a kid I had a recurring dream that my parents, my sister and I were taking a stroll and left my little brother back home. I kept telling my mom to go back and get him, but she said he was sleeping. My sister was holding my mom's hand tight and I was walking on the other side of the street when I got bit by something. Just then we heard an explosion. It was our house with my brother in it. Everyone froze looking at the explosion and I ran all the way back home. I'd always wake up crying and wanting to hug my brother. Sucky dream.

I also had a dream once that I was carrying a baby at a grocery store, when I dropped her and she turned into rice when she hit the floor.

I used to have dreams like that about my little brother and sister.

(May 31, 2017 at 6:37 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Jesus christ shell, shut the door before vorlon hears you.......

I once dreamt that I was a strangling fog attacking joggers on a beautiful gold cost morning.

I honestly don't have the faintest how to read that.

Were you strangling fog-attacking joggers?

Were you strangling fog while attacking joggers?

Were strangling fog that was attacking joggers?

(May 31, 2017 at 6:44 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: for years I've been having the same recurring dream.

I own a big house (multiple levels, etc.), but there's always a part of it that's in ruins.

There's also always a secret crawlspace from an upstairs bedroom closet to somewhere else, seemingly random, in the house.

That's pretty cool. I grew up in a really old house, so I have weird house dreams too. I sometimes dream that I live in the house I grew up in again and that it's falling apart. (It kind of was when I lived there, but this is worse.) I try to convince everyone that it isn't safe, but we all keep squatting there like weirdos.
Since a little kid, I've had this weird sickening dream about a sponge fighting a needle...
No idea what it means but I had it again a few weeks ago...

I was sick to my stomach again. Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I had a dream I was dating my Mom. Weird right?

However, as a Psych student, dreams interest me quite a bit. Especially dream interpretation. I really do believe they can sometime be indicators of something. Not sure what, but I think there are more to dreams than we actually know. Nothing super natural or religion related. However, dreams seem to be telling us something or indicate something that we should do.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
do the rest of you need to again read about being totally paralyzed, vulnerable and helpless while incredibly disturbing looking spiders the size of baseball gloves are crowding your face and slowly eating your eyelids, eyes, cheeks and tongue ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I totally forgot that I was speaking to a professional, Shell...my grammar and punctuation is almost entirely made of idiosynchratic tics...... Wink

I once dreamt that I was a strangling fog; attacking joggers on a beautiful gold cost morning.

Okay, I think I did better that time.  It may be the first time I've properly rocked a semicolon in my life.

They were jogging and whistling, being annoying like that...and I was floating down and strangling the piss out of them.  It was a glorious dream.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Borders are weird Foxaèr 5 536 October 28, 2023 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Weird Proposals onlinebiker 35 3015 May 7, 2020 at 4:31 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2622 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Weird ad on bus today ignoramus 21 2024 November 27, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Do you have friends who don’t share your political views? Losty 13 1809 November 19, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  News So Good I Have to Share It Rhondazvous 6 1033 July 5, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Share your protocol for having a cold Catholic_Lady 67 5782 March 25, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Will you share your food (serious question) ErGingerbreadMandude 39 5585 January 15, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Christmas Traditions You Want to Share? Shell B 46 4507 December 20, 2017 at 3:44 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Dreams WinterHold 1 371 November 27, 2017 at 3:13 am
Last Post: chorlton