Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone besides me hate Ferris Bueller?
Does anyone besides me hate Ferris Bueller?
Don't get me wrong, I am not for worshiping blind loyalty or blind authority, but that move is really the opposite of what we should want kids to value. Education is the key to a healthy society. And knowing all the stupid shit I did as a teen, if I had been caught I would have deserved it. Why would you stay friends with an asshole who manipulates you into wrecking your father's car?
RE: Does anyone besides me hate Ferris Bueller?
I give exactly zero fucks about Ferris Bueller. That's too few fucks to inspire hatred.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I don't think entertainment in any enlightened world should be constrained by the mandate to inculcate an approved world view. That's for a world which draws inspiration from the dark ages.
(July 2, 2017 at 3:38 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: I don't think entertainment in any enlightened world should be constrained by the mandate to inculcate an approved world view.  That's for a world which draws inspiration from the dark ages.

UGGGGG ....... Not my point.

I listened to the Ramones "Beat On The Brat" and Metallica's "Seek And Destroy" and still love both of those songs. It isn't that these depictions happen, but the volume to which they do. 

We have Trump as a result of 36 years of Morton Downy, Jerry Springer, WWE and Duck Dynasty and WWE. 

I am all for escapism and art just look at my AVATAR, my point is that we don't do enough to teach kids to value science and facts.
Bueller was slick.

Being slick can take you rather far in life; Much further than book smarts, some would argue.
Jesus, never gave him a second look.  Just googled though, and found this.  Looks pretty fine all stubbly and in a suit !!!

And damn, that shirt, woot!  Doyle had something like that . . . 

[Image: 740full-matthew-broderick.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

With you all the way on this one, Bri.  'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' is clearly the impetus for the rash of Chicago teens driving high-end sports cars into swimming pools, a plague which has darkened our society for the last 30 years.

I also wish something could be done about 'The Walking Dead'.  It's getting so I can't even get down to the market without dodging a few zombies.

Boru

nb: the above is intended as sarcasm.  Below is my legitimate reaction:

‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've heard people berate this movie, and its designated hero Bueller, so you're not the only one. I don't know if I'd say I hate him, but he's not the most sympathetic protagonist out there.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

A movie I never bothered watching.
It isn't great, but it doesn't suck, either. Typical John Hughes joint.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A song that you hate The Valkyrie 33 2310 December 17, 2022 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Another reason I hate Ayn Rand..... Brian37 22 2075 February 9, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  12 more reasons to hate me. Brian37 18 1564 January 17, 2020 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Movies you hate but everyone else loves Fake Messiah 77 5775 February 19, 2018 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Why I hate the movie "The Dirty Dozen" Brian37 11 1207 October 23, 2017 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I hate Star Trek fans doing this. Brian37 40 4795 September 1, 2016 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah