Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yay. We Won!
Yay. We Won!
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40549333

Quote:Mosul: Iraq PM to celebrate victory over IS in the city

Quote:Iraqi forces, backed by US-led air strikes, have been battling to retake Mosul since 17 October last year.

BTW, this is what "victory" looks like.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: mosul-damagejpg.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x724.jpg]

[Image: nintchdbpict000307196763.jpg?strip=all&w...uality=100]

Nice job.
RE: Yay. We Won!
They got the land back. Now they just have to rebuild the city. How much of our tax money is that going to cost us?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

What does this mean for the rest of IS? Is this just a small victory here, or did it impact them on a greater scale?
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(July 9, 2017 at 3:53 pm)Chad32 Wrote: They got the land back. Now they just have to rebuild the city. How much of our tax money is that going to cost us?

None, all the tax money will be either spent on kickbacks and bribes, or "mysteriously" turn up in the backs of planes headed home, just like with the Baghdad reconstruction money.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(July 9, 2017 at 3:55 pm)Jesster Wrote: What does this mean for the rest of IS? Is this just a small victory here, or did it impact them on a greater scale?

Basically what it means is that their dreams of a "caliphate" are over.  Tactically it means they are no longer obligated to concentrate for a hopeless defense of a smudge on a map and can go back to blowing up Shi'ites wherever they find them.
It's a tragedy what has happened to the Iraqi people since the US-led invasion.

IS is just the latest chapter in what will be a long recovery period.

As much as I hate to see this sort of thing happen, and the suffering of the people, the scum who call themselves "IS" need to be removed and eliminated. And when they entrench themselves among civilians, using them as shields, or targets, then this is the result.

Let's see what happens after Raqqa falls.
Dying to live, living to die.
Wait until the Prime Minister figures out that the only thing keeping his so-called country together was the existence of the common enemy.  Without IS the Sunni and Shi'a in Iraq will be back at each others throats and the Kurds will be telling them both to go fuck themselves.  The Turks won't be happy about that and the Iranians and the Saudi's and the Orange Turd in the white house won't like the rest of it.

When we break something, we fucking break it but good.
This was a victory but I would not bust out the booze yet . Sure ISIS has lost it's capital in Iraq but I don't think there beat yet. Group like ISIS are like weeds . But still take what we can get .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(July 9, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 9, 2017 at 3:55 pm)Jesster Wrote: What does this mean for the rest of IS? Is this just a small victory here, or did it impact them on a greater scale?

Basically what it means is that their dreams of a "caliphate" are over.  Tactically it means they are no longer obligated to concentrate for a hopeless defense of a smudge on a map and can go back to blowing up Shi'ites wherever they find them.

I think it means they can melt back into the woodwork until the next radical group starts coalescing.

Strategically, it might give the Iraqis a little breathing room. I sure hope they can gird their loins this time.

Winning is always good.
ISIS will come back and blow up more every few days or so for the next several years though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't Hear From The WLB On This One Minimalist 4 539 September 19, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The WLB Won't Be Sucking Macron's Dick Anymore Minimalist 2 429 April 29, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Whoops...We Fucked Up. Why Won't You Help Us? Minimalist 10 1137 March 20, 2018 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Uncle Vladdy Won't Like This Minimalist 3 441 July 31, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  And the Shovel Won! Minimalist 22 5960 July 1, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Something To Think About - But We Won't Because We Never Do Minimalist 6 1991 June 28, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Oh My, This Won't Work Out Well Minimalist 26 9312 June 24, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS IS OVER - WE WON Minimalist 16 3626 December 12, 2015 at 8:22 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Indiana Pizzeria Won't Serve Gay Couples AFTT47 180 32551 April 4, 2015 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Pizza
  Egypt won't be outdone by the Saudis Faith No More 12 1989 February 2, 2015 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist