Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So let me get this straight about GOP Healthcare reform
So let me get this straight about GOP Healthcare reform
They have had 8 years to come up with something. Now, now they finally have full control of both houses and can't even agree upon themselves as to what is proper in their eyes? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost...a7ff0aca46

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: So let me get this straight about GOP Healthcare reform
Lessee . .

had to change doctors, have had 3 cancer scares since xmas 2016 and went a couple months wondering if I'd have any health insurance in 2018, the only year my ACA premium didn't increase over 40% was last year when my plan was discontinued and I had to go with a lesser plan for nearly the same premium. Next year I will have health insurance with a different company, (and there s only one company for the entire state next year, no choice at all) and if the premium is +40% more than this year it will be approaching $20,000. If plan is same tier as BCBS offered, deductible, exclusions and copays will be on top of that.

So my experience with the existing clusterfuck has been less than stellar . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The fact that you had cancer scares is not the fault of the ACA or any insurance company.

The ACA means that they can't deny you coverage because of pre-existing conditions. 

Let's all remember that before the ACA the insurance companies used to give out bonuses to employees found reasons to cancel the policies of people who got sick.

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/nov/09/...fi-insure9

Quote:Health insurer tied bonuses to dropping sick policyholders

November 09, 2007

Try not to get too nostalgic for the way we were.  It sucked balls.

Oh, and btw, two weeks ago I had to change doctors. The doctor I had for 9 years left the practice that was in my insurance plan. Big fucking deal. One Indian guy for another. In June when I went to see my cardiologist he informed me that he was retiring and they were assigning me to another doctor in the practice. Again, no big fucking deal. I keep wondering what this fucking longing is to keep one doctor for life. Things happen.
So let's see, fix the existing system because it is failing in some areas, or trade it in for one that will fail in all areas unless you are young, healthy and/or rich?
One where those with existing conditions or over age 65 are unable to afford any healthcare at all unless you are a millionaire? Decisions, decisions.

Look, I know. Now that my husband is working, I saw the prices we would pay just to cover me and my daughter. It is about 1/3rd of his paycheck. I'm not thrilled about it, but it is still better than making it so if I DO get cancer, I'm suddenly in a high risk pool and cannot get any treatment at all. It's better than knowing half my neighbors use the emergency room as their basic treatment center. It's better than knowing that thousands and thousands of elderly and children with issues no longer have medicaid, and just get to suffer and die, I suppose.

Fix it. Making it all worse it NOT fixing it.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Yeah that is the unfortunate state of US heathcare
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2098 129961 April 21, 2024 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1025 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 10028 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2854 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1039 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1480 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10004 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's fill Biden's cabinet. Gawdzilla Sama 54 4146 November 9, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Disability and Universal Healthcare BrokenQuill92 49 2955 January 3, 2020 at 1:53 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1650 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan