Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The joys of living in the bible belt
The joys of living in the bible belt
Found this on my door last night. It's for a church down the road. Thought y'all would get a laugh out of it like I did.
[Image: 20170805_092033.jpg]
[Image: 20170805_092040.jpg]
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
RE: The joys of living in the bible belt
These testimonials always seem to involve drugs at some point, don't they? And of course the classic NDE story. Do we ever get an NDE story where a religious person converts from one religion to another that isn't the majority religion of his/her community? Somehow I doubt there are many.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 5, 2017 at 10:24 am)mlmooney89 Wrote: Found this on my door last night. It's for a church down the road. Thought y'all would get a laugh out of it like I did.

That's like one of the most depressing stuff you can witness. Painful to read.
(August 5, 2017 at 11:09 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(August 5, 2017 at 10:24 am)mlmooney89 Wrote: Found this on my door last night. It's for a church down the road. Thought y'all would get a laugh out of it like I did.

That's like one of the most depressing stuff you can witness. Painful to read.

If it's that head-held-back-eyes-wide-in-disbelief, uneasy kind of laugh, yes, I laughed.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
One would think the bible belt would be more inclined to want to get preached at by a white guy, but hey, that seems like some progressive improvement, so whee.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
They must be fronting for The One True Faith then. No need to look any further.

Praise Jesus.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Holy crap the left an old super nintendo on your door step??!?!?! what games did they leave???
In a related story, the JW's here had a table set up outside the grocery store. Here's the thing, they were not giving anything away, only selling (trinkets) and asking for donations.

So I'm confused, why would they be asking people, who they consider sinners, for money?  Wouldn't that money be tainted as far as they are concerned? 

Has anyone heard that the JW's are falling on hard times?

I found this about soliciting money: https://cult101.com/2016/06/14/do-jehova...for-money/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 5, 2017 at 12:17 pm)Drich Wrote:

Holy crap the left an old super nintendo on your door step??!?!?! what games did they leave???

I would hope at least A Link to the Past, if not Earthbound.

(August 5, 2017 at 12:17 pm)Drich Wrote:

I would hope at least A Link to the Past, if not Earthbound. Harvest Moon, maybe?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I had family members who were Pastors in that denomination. They left after 15 years and finally toned it down. The Potters House folks are fanatical Pentecostal wacko cultists. Strong arm Christians. (They are not the Potters House associated with TD Jakes). These people were popular targets of the deprogrammers that kidnapped cultists and brought them home to their parents. Except my parents were the cultists. Sad to say , because I love my folks and get along with them just fine. But for 15 years , Holy Jesus H. Tap Dancing Christ! They were major fucking pains in my ass! I strove daily to communicate what I had to, tell them I love them , and block out the incessant, unrelenting, and unhealthy preoccupation with Jesus. If they make a habit of coming door to door to your home, prepare to be hugely annoyed. They are like a horde of fire ants compared to Mormons or JW's.

Started by this guy in Prescott Arizona: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayman_Mitchell
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1325 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44137 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Is There a Point To Living a Moral Life? ronedee 323 124413 July 14, 2015 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Living Biblically The Valkyrie 63 14358 July 1, 2015 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Randy Carson
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7450 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Biblical people living to be over 175 years old Rowan 26 6500 August 19, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Did jeebus tell the bible belt to come up with giving daughters balls?? Brakeman 23 6749 March 24, 2014 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  The vast complexity of living things proves that God exists (proof 1) SavedByGraceThruFaith 430 205490 October 13, 2013 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  If god is real why go on living? Judas BentHer 16 8815 July 26, 2011 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Judas BentHer