Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 7:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God prefers Atheists
God prefers Atheists
[Image: yvQau.jpg]
RE: God prefers Atheists
HAHAHAHA...timeshare in Boca Raton!!!
"Being right too soon is socially unacceptable." Robert A. Heinlein
Those theists are just a bunch od whiners arent they

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The relationship is doomed to fail though.

It only makes sense for God to prefer people who are just as morally abhorrent, tyrannical, repugnant, abusive, petty, unjust, unforgiving, vindictive, egotistical, vengeful and arrogant as he is.
(October 16, 2010 at 3:10 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: The relationship is doomed to fail though.

It only makes sense for God to prefer people who are just as morally abhorrent, tyrannical, repugnant, abusive, petty, unjust, unforgiving, vindictive, egotistical, vengeful and arrogant as he is.

If only theists can become more like their god and share his trait of nonexistance.
I think God does prefer atheists because they are ready to think and challenge what they believe. I am told all the time not to ask questions, because I may make another person doubt their own faith.
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
And am I right in saying, most religions (other than Christianity and Islam) don't send non believers to hell? So, in a world where all religions ideas of a god have the same amount of chance of being correct it's actually the safest bet being an Atheist.
Oh I don't know...god seems like one of those dependent types to me...always needing praise and worship... The novelty of loving an independent, go-getter type person would wear off and then it would be all "you never call me!"
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(October 19, 2010 at 11:03 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Oh I don't know...god seems like one of those dependent types to me...always needing praise and worship... The novelty of loving an independent, go-getter type person would wear off and then it would be all "you never call me!"

I've posted it before but it seems appropriate:
[Image: striphandler.ashx?stripid=62fb4fc0-a45a-...481249f010]
Cool Shades
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(October 19, 2010 at 11:20 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(October 19, 2010 at 11:03 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Oh I don't know...god seems like one of those dependent types to me...always needing praise and worship... The novelty of loving an independent, go-getter type person would wear off and then it would be all "you never call me!"

I've posted it before but it seems appropriate:
[Image: striphandler.ashx?stripid=62fb4fc0-a45a-...481249f010]
Cool Shades

hahahaha. I swear, I'm only like that ONE week out of the month... What's god's excuse?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2193 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet