Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL 2017 Pick'em League!
NFL 2017 Pick'em League!
Football season is almost upon us, which means it's time for our Pick'em league competition.

Each week I'll post the schedule, and those who want to enter just need to PM me the 16 (or so) teams they think will win. After the final game on the Monday, I'll tally up the scores and announce the winner(s).

Deadline for entering each week is Wednesday at midnight EST. I'll post everyone's predictions in this thread before the start of the Thursday game, and like last year, all picks / scores will be online in a Google Doc which I will share when I have everyone's first picks.

Draws will count as a loss.

Anyone can enter at any point, there's no season long commitment, so feel free to play for a week and decide it's just not your thing.

The person with the best overall record at the end of the season will win the "Rubber Ducky Award for Extreme Guesswork". For those who don't know, Rubber Ducky was the pseudonym for Brian37's mom, who did very well last year (coming in 4th out of all 13 players). She also briefly held the title for "best week record" (14 - 2) before Crossless1 went 15 - 1 (yes, we've not yet had someone get a perfect record).

Unfortunately Rubber Ducky passed away earlier this year, but Brian's friend will be playing using her pseudonym. However I felt that it was only right to dedicate this year's league in honor of her.

Picks Spreadsheet (this is locked each week until all the picks are in)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Results

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
RE: NFL 2017 Pick'em League!
Thank you so much. She would be thrilled to hear this if she could. 

But without further a dooooooo...... 

That's utterly adorable. I wish I could have played with Rubber Ducky. Anyway, I'm here for this year. You'll have to walk me through it . . . and promise this won't be as much of a time suck as watching every fucking game of the season.
(August 16, 2017 at 1:38 pm)Shell B Wrote: That's utterly adorable. I wish I could have played with Rubber Ducky. Anyway, I'm here for this year. You'll have to walk me through it . . . and promise this won't be as much of a time suck as watching every fucking game of the season.

I am not kidding one bit when I say she would have loved this honor. And if my Redneck friend John beats me this year picking in her name she would get a great laugh out of that too. What will be worse if I don't beat John, is that he is not into football and will be using Siri to pick by the point spread. Outside the two Dallas Skins games, he will try to watch with me,  he will be simply picking and checking up. If I lose to a Redneck and a non football fan he will never let me live it down. At least with my Mom I felt better losing week to week because she did watch football her entire life. 

We have a bet too. If I win at the end of the season, he has to sing an ABBA song and post it on his FB page. The scary part for me is that if I lose at the end of the season, I have to sing "Achy Breaky Heart" and post it on my FB page. 

I was drinking when I agreed to that bet. Coyote Ugly bet. I remember the next time he reminded me all I could think was, "WHAT WAS I THINKING?"

Point being, my Mom would love this. She would not only love the honor of the award, but she loves watching me squirm too. Nice Mom I have, would root for John and not her own son.......HE HE..... Shy

Oh and we have a side bet too, nobody knew about it last year but just the two Dallas Skins games, he was born in Texas so gotta root for your birthplace. Just for those two games it wont be us but posting videos of the actual bands. If the Skins win he will post an ABBA video of my choice. If Dallas wins I have to post a country music song of his choice.

We did that last year too, just on those two games.
(August 16, 2017 at 1:38 pm)Shell B Wrote: That's utterly adorable. I wish I could have played with Rubber Ducky. Anyway, I'm here for this year. You'll have to walk me through it . . . and promise this won't be as much of a time suck as watching every fucking game of the season.

It's pretty simple. Each week I'll post the schedule of games, and you just have to pick who you think will win before each Thursday. We have weekly winners, and I keep track of the scores over the entire season so we have an overall winner too.
My bet with John(Rubber Ducky) is a side bet. I already explained it was a win lose thing, nothing more. But we do have a side bet unrelated to the rules of this league. I will be sending his picks just like I sent my Moms to you. You'll know the diff just like last time.
I'm in, even though I usually suck at pick-em. I just don't pay enough attention to teams whose colors aren't blue & orange. Smile
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 16, 2017 at 3:55 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: I'm in, even though I usually suck at pick-em. I just don't pay enough attention to teams whose colors aren't blue & orange. Smile

Rocky Mountain HIGH Weedarodo!
We better get some crossover, or I'll have to cancel the Fantasy league this year!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 16, 2017 at 6:49 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: We better get some crossover, or I'll have to cancel the Fantasy league this year!

Oh shut up you whiny little Steelers fan. Don't act like you have more rings than the Skins......

(Note to self: Did I think that or say that?)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That Unofficial NFL Thread Brian37 158 8649 March 11, 2024 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Any Premier League Hooligans Here? Nanny 3 527 August 10, 2023 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  How could I miss this rule for 55 years in the NFL? Brian37 14 1696 December 1, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  CFL VS NFL..... Brian37 28 3023 August 28, 2021 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Anyone watching the NFL draft? Brian37 11 1136 May 2, 2021 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  NFL Pro Bowl Brian37 0 273 January 31, 2021 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  NFL and Covid....... Cam Newton..... Brian37 2 446 October 3, 2020 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NFL triva..... Brian37 2 341 September 29, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  NFL's Tom Dempsey latest victim of virus. Brian37 3 780 April 5, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Athene
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1047 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4