Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Culture Under Attack
White Culture Under Attack
I am a white U.S. American. My ethnicities are French Canadian, Syrian, and Irish. I can look back at my life and see the effect of these ethnicities on my family and our lifestyle. My Irish Canadian Grandmother from the Maritime cooked Chowders- Fish, Clam, and Corn. She had to have a cup of tea and a cookie in the afternoon. My Quebecois Grandfather elected to not teach his kids the Quebecois tongue. My Syrian Grandmother was a daily presence in my early years and did most of the cooking in my house. I grew up eating staples such Dolma, Fresh baked Syrian bread(Pita) from the Syrian bakery, a savory lamb stew with green beans and rosemary and the ever present lentils and rice. I learned from her sisters how to say Merry Christmas in Syrian Arabic for a school project. I learned that New Years Eve is celebrated in Quebec with Cognac and Crepes.

Notice how my "white" culture is based on three ethnicities. Something that is taken for granted in white culture. How many Black Americans who are descendants of slaves can point to their familial ethnic roots? Can these Black Americans easily say "I am Malinese, Ugandan,  and Ethiopian"?  Can they say "My Grandmother used to cook Ethiopian food"? If they can it was a struggle to maintain those identities for all those centuries and have them handed down to this day. Can Latinos from Mexico easily say I am Mayan, Yaqui, and Apache." Maybe. The dominant language and religion of Mexico is European. The surnames of ancient Mexico are gone and replaced by  European names.

So, how is my "white" culture under attack? My cultures are under attack from white supremacists who are putting "white" culture under one umbrella. They are creating a false "white" identity washed clean of its ethnic diversity. Gone are the Polish and Portuguese foods. The Greek dances are gone. The many languages of the British Isles - gone under the Uber-language of English. The white supremacists of today are attempting to do to my ethnic backgrounds what the slaveholders did to slaves brought to New Orleans and the Catholic Conquerors did to the diverse cultures of Mexico and the American Southwest. They are attempting to eradicate my culture.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: White Culture Under Attack
Who are "they"? Curious? Trump rednecks? Jews?

I think what is happening is actually natural.
Looking at my own country, 50% of the population wasn't born here so they are still identifying as their original culture.
As the generations pass and more offspring are born here, their culture will thin out.
My parent were both born in Greece.
All 3 of us kids were born here. Ask any of us if we even speak Greek anymore or even care what happens over there? And that's only one generation!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I'm not white. White people are crazy. I'm Oirish.
(September 1, 2017 at 7:13 am)ignoramus Wrote: Who are "they"? Curious? Trump rednecks? Jews?

I think what is happening is actually natural.
Looking at my own country, 50% of the population wasn't born here so they are still identifying as their original culture.
As the generations pass and more offspring are born here, their culture will thin out.
My parent were both born in Greece.
All 3 of us kids were born here. Ask any of us if we even speak Greek anymore or even care what happens over there? And that's only one generation!

Did you eat Greek food growing up?

shit yeah! Still do! Just had a lamb and rosemary 12" subway 2 hours ago! hehe
Are you just getting a little nostalgic?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Race is an artificial construct knowing our species has common ancestors going back 200,000 years. Our species originated out of Africa. There never has ever been anything such as "pure blood".
(September 1, 2017 at 7:40 am)ignoramus Wrote: shit yeah! Still do! Had a lamb and rosemary 12" subway 2 hours ago!  hehe

They sell lamb at subway?

For a limited time only!

http://www.marketplaceraymondterrace.com...rlic-lamb/
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(September 1, 2017 at 7:41 am)Brian37 Wrote: Race is an artificial construct knowing our species has common ancestors going back 200,000 years. Our species originated out of Africa. There never has ever been anything such as "pure blood".

Was not discussing race. Subject is culture.

(September 1, 2017 at 7:46 am)ignoramus Wrote: For a limited time only!

http://www.marketplaceraymondterrace.com...rlic-lamb/

I am going to see if small town Kentucky subway sells it. Maybe it is marketed at more ethnically diverse regions.

(September 1, 2017 at 7:48 am)chimp3 Wrote: I am going to see if small town Kentucky subway sells it. Maybe it is marketed at more ethnically diverse regions.

Chimp, I would've thought that your mixed culture was fairly normal? Don't most Americans cite great parents and great great parents from all over?
(Unless you wear feathers on your head of course)

Or are you saying most Americans have forgotten or ignored their rich heritage and are just happy to identify as American only.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Culture Ahriman 61 3876 August 21, 2023 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  New York City's video on how to survive a nuclear attack. Jehanne 50 2851 January 12, 2023 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 457 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Russian criminal culture purplepurpose 0 218 December 10, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Federal Judge Orders White House To Temporarily Restore Press Access To Jim Acosta A Theist 120 10645 November 19, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3135 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  Mass culture is dull Interaktive 15 1581 April 24, 2018 at 10:46 am
Last Post: c172
  East Asians don't integrate into Western culture Alexmahone 38 3442 March 16, 2018 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Under no circumstance should cops KILL ErGingerbreadMandude 120 12943 January 7, 2018 at 8:23 am
Last Post: FFaith
  If the White House caught fire, who are the last three T.rumps you'd save? Gawdzilla Sama 9 1628 August 19, 2017 at 10:31 am
Last Post: vorlon13