Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jedi is a Religion?
Jedi is a Religion?
Apparently it is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1589133.stm
RE: Jedi is a Religion?
Naw... it says in the article that just because they had to give it a code for their beauracratic paperwork doesn't confer on it the status of religion. They just had to keep track of how many people claimed something other than a recognised religion I'd guess.
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
(August 28, 2008 at 8:19 pm)Jason Jarred Wrote: Naw... it says in the article that just because they had to give it a code for their beauracratic paperwork doesn't confer on it the status of religion. They just had to keep track of how many people claimed something other than a recognised religion I'd guess.

Stop ruining my fantasy!
What exactly is the requirement for something to be a religion though? In my opinion the whole Jedi story isn't that much crazier than that of Christianity, Islam, etc.
(August 29, 2008 at 12:23 pm)Tiberius Wrote: What exactly is the requirement for something to be a religion though? In my opinion the whole Jedi story isn't that much crazier than that of Christianity, Islam, etc.

Isn't Jedi derived from a Religion?