Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone
Hello everyone
My real name is Ervin, I am 32 year old and I live in Australia. I am stil trying to work out what is it that I believe. At times I think that maybe deism is a way to go.

Sometimes I think atheism is the way to go especialy when I contamplate an animal eating another animal while its stil alive, so I end up thinking maybe there is no God. I mean why would he make it like that or if he only sparked the creation then why not stop it.

i am of European muslim/christian ansestry. So I supose there were times in my life when I thought that maybe Islam was true. There was also time when I thought that budhism has maybe got it right.

In the end I see only two options left and thats atheism or deism.

Anyway I am looking forward to learning from everyone and maybe labeling my self.

Thanks
RE: Hello everyone
Welcome
Feel free to expose your doubts further Smile

Quote:Sometimes I think atheism is the way to go especialy when I contamplate an animal eating another animal while its stil alive, so I end up thinking maybe there is no God. I mean why would he make it like that or if he only sparked the creation then why not stop it.

You are applying human emotion to that particular situation, remember that nature doesn't contemplate cruelty. It really depends on our point of view. Take into consideration that the predator if can't eat will starve to death, and mabe his cubs too. Atheism has nothing to do with this, Atheism is the disbelief in theistic claims for god or gods, based on the lack of evidence, nothing else can be derived from it. Your moral stance, your philosophy its your to construct.

Here is a nice videos to help convey my idea;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww7ZhBN6iIM
(October 26, 2010 at 2:05 am)Ervin Wrote: My real name is Ervin, I am 32 year old and I live in Australia. I am stil trying to work out what is it that I believe.

Hi Ervin, welcome to the forums. You are not the only one to be in that situation. My only advice is to think it all through and see where the evidence leads you.

Quote:At times I think that maybe deism is a way to go.

Who knows, it might very well be. What reasoning would bring you to the conclusion of a deistic god?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Welcome to the forums, feel free to lurk a little on some of the extensive posts here or just jump into a fresh one. Identity is important and if your being here helps that then post away!
If you'd like to be even more confused check this out
http://atheistforums.org/thread-2924-pos...l#pid54056

It's just a really sort book/pdg, I read it in one night here at work.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
hello!
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
My good pal, Deist Paladin is here and as I've told him before " a deist is an atheist who won't let go with the other hand. " But he'll be a good resource for you.

Welcome.
(October 26, 2010 at 5:13 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(October 26, 2010 at 2:05 am)Ervin Wrote: My real name is Ervin, I am 32 year old and I live in Australia. I am stil trying to work out what is it that I believe.

Hi Ervin, welcome to the forums. You are not the only one to be in that situation. My only advice is to think it all through and see where the evidence leads you.

Quote:At times I think that maybe deism is a way to go.

Who knows, it might very well be. What reasoning would bring you to the conclusion of a deistic god?

Ok, I am not wel versed in scuence, however I have I supose my own logic. When I look at time I can't see it begining. Maybe this universe is not eternal and does have a begining but whats before?

So thats something I can't comprehend so instead of saying that there was no one around I like to think at times that there has always benn someone there encompasing averything.

I think that we are not ready to comprehend some things and God is one of them.

Also because we can't see or measure something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. There are gases we can't see and weren't able to measure til recently.

The improbabilty of life arising is so great that it just seems like someone started it.

The basic protein or whatever it may be basic something that containes information has three lybraries of 900 books of information in it. Were did that information come from.

Look I can't think of anything of the top of my head for now, whats your answe to this.

By the way maybe we should start a thread somewere else under the name of deist discusion.

Thanks

Welcome!

Thanks Tack...ANOTHER couple things for me to read... dammit... Wink I'll never get to the Twilight series at this rate...
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
good... because sparkly emo vampires are worse than gay, they're fundamentally retarted. It's real short though. I read in twice in 2-3 days because I enjoed it that much.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
hello . . . !!!
i am also new here , nice to meet you !!!
looking forward to get some useful info and some good friends from here , nice forum , keep up the good work . . . !!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1412 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2175 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5648 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1897 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7841 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2619 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3840 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1231 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2384 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm