Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feldman's Dad and The Man in the Moon
Feldman's Dad and The Man in the Moon
I've been having a bit of a hard time with the news that has come about on the heels of the Weinstein abuses, and it just keeps getting worse for me. Here's why:

1. A few years ago, I remember reading Corey Feldman's take on the sexual abuse that was inflicted upon him and Corey Haim, but I didn't take it very seriously at the time. I'm not sure why I didn't, considering Feldman's dad was my acting manager for a couple of years when I was little and living in Southern California. Corey's now brought it again to the forefront following the news of Harvey Weinstein, and has said that one of the first to take advantage of him and the other Corey was someone who worked very closely with his dad.

2. Also a few years ago, I was flipping through the channels when I stumbled across The Man in the Moon, Reese Witherspoon's first movie. While watching, I realized that I knew a bunch of the scenes even though I had never seen the movie. Eventually I realized that I was one of the thousands of girls who auditioned for the role, and that I had been one of the last eliminated for it, which is why I knew so many scenes and lines. I had been called back three or four times. Now Reese Witherspoon has come out about her sexual abuse when she was about sixteen. Since I saw the movie, I've often said, jokingly, "Reese Witherspoon stole my life!" Now, however, I'm not as envious as I had been.

It's been kind of tough taking these experiences I had when I was young, and trying to figure out if I ever experienced any abuse, or even if I should try to. I've had various therapists over the years tell me they were suspicious that I might have been sexually abused as a child, and that I should try hypnotherapy to unravel it, which I have always begged off. I have some memories of my childhood, but they are spotty at best. Now, I'm thinking I might go for it. It'd be nice to muddle through it all, but I don't know if it might make my lifelong (diagnosed at eleven) chronic depression worse.

Here's a link to the movie's wiki:

The Man in the Moon

And Feldman talking about his experience:

http://nypost.com/2017/10/18/will-people...d-abusers/

Anybody have any thoughts?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
RE: Feldman's Dad and The Man in the Moon
That's got to be tough. I'm sorry to see that this might have happened to you. One thing I've heard about hypnotherapy is the insertion of false memories, so that's something to watch for, before some innocent person is accused. And if you were abused, hang them. Angry
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Diagnosed at age 11 definitely puts you outside the norm.

At what ages were you with the elder Feldman?

Feel free to tell me to fuck off but, do your parents talk to you about this time in your life? 

Me personally, I don't put much stock in repressed memories/hypnotherapy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 19, 2017 at 12:09 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Diagnosed at age 11 definitely puts you outside the norm.

At what ages were you with the elder Feldman?

Feel free to tell me to fuck off but, do your parents talk to you about this time in your life? 

Me personally, I don't put much stock in repressed memories/hypnotherapy.

Why would I tell you to fuck off? I'm the one who brought it up!

Bob Feldman was my manager for about two years starting when I was nine. Never talked to my dad about it, and my mom wasn't exactly a stage mom, being that I always wanted to perform. I'm thinking maybe I'll talk to her about it now, though. She has a rough time with my mental health problems, but she's gotten much more supportive and understanding over the past couple of years. My dad's dead, but I don't think I'd talk to him about it anyway.

I never put stock in that stuff earlier... it's why I didn't do it years ago. I just wonder if it'd be a hindrance or helpful to my "recovery".
You'll never know until you try. 

If you do try, just be ready to call bullshit when you first feel bullshit.
(October 18, 2017 at 7:40 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Anybody have any thoughts?

Have you been in anything we might have seen?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 19, 2017 at 5:29 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(October 18, 2017 at 7:40 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Anybody have any thoughts?

Have you been in anything we might have seen?

Huh. That's hard to say. All of it happened in the late eighties/early nineties. If I recall correctly, I'd go get head shots done once in awhile, go on auditions, and if I got the role, I'd do it and get paid. It was mostly commercials, I think, but like I said, my memory is spotty.
And I'm off to watch commercials. 

Were you a Lady Lovely Locks girl?

Edit: The ones just from 1988 are 1.5 hours. Camon, give me a hint. Describe your wayback hair.
Hahaha! Blush

I dunno; I had a little bit of gap-tooth in the front; my most used headshot had me in pigtails, and I was smiling real big (as I remember the photog calling to me); I remember wondering at times if I was auditioning or being filmed. I don't think I really cared about that bullshit; I just wanted to... perform. That was the fun part.
(October 19, 2017 at 7:43 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Hahaha! Blush

I dunno; I had a little bit of gap-tooth in the front; my most used headshot had me in pigtails, and I was smiling real big (as I remember the photog calling to me); I remember wondering at times if I was auditioning or being filmed. I don't think I really cared about that bullshit; I just wanted to... perform. That was the fun part.

Um.......you forgot the COLOR!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  See Uranus and moon in binoculars, March 6, 2022 Jehanne 3 465 February 28, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  How to bring equality to man and woman. I have the solution Ramus932 4 552 June 13, 2020 at 9:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  As a man of pastels and neon colors. Brian37 22 2335 July 15, 2019 at 11:31 am
Last Post: brewer
  The Cult My Dad Was In Edwardo Piet 10 1654 December 27, 2017 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Who do you like more Mom or Dad? ErGingerbreadMandude 34 3382 October 19, 2017 at 10:55 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  What is your most ideal look for a man and woman? Catholic_Lady 255 40739 July 17, 2016 at 6:06 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What is your most ideal look for a man and woman in relation to their clothing. paulpablo 30 4753 December 31, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Marriage is a man and a woman living together rado84 46 7828 July 18, 2015 at 7:48 am
Last Post: abaris
  The words man and woman + female and male. Mystic 7 3071 December 18, 2014 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Can a man and a woman be friend? salamenfuckyou 30 5207 January 15, 2014 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Fruity