Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't you hate it when..... Regardless of topic.....
Don't you hate it when..... Regardless of topic.....
I hate it when, I am on the verge of any "DING DING DING" thought, and a slight distraction throws me off and I lose that thought. I get most frustrated with MYSELF when it comes to writing a poem. I've actually written poems on my computer, gotten to the point of "submit" and hit the wrong key/button and lost the entire fucking thing.

But I have had the same thing happen with debating politics or religion. A phone ringing, my cat meowing. Kinda like a pro basketball player at the free throw line getting distracted by the fans waving and screaming. Like an NFL kicker getting iced by a time out. 

I HATE THAT SHIT.

I am not saying I have a unified theory of everything, I don't. I just hate that feeling of losing the "A HA" moment.
RE: Don't you hate it when..... Regardless of topic.....
I hate it when regardless of topic someone comes in and tries to make it about Trump. Sorry, not sorry.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(October 19, 2017 at 3:03 pm)Losty Wrote: I hate it when regardless of topic someone comes in and tries to make it about Trump. Sorry, not sorry.

^^^
(October 19, 2017 at 3:03 pm)Losty Wrote: I hate it when regardless of topic someone comes in and tries to make it about Trump. Sorry, not sorry.

What makes you think it's not about Trump?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Kinda hard not to when he himself shits on everything. Who has more power him or me? I do right? I have control over the nukes right? I called Mexicans rapists right? I shit on the service of McCain right? 

Damn, you got me.

Maybe if he would NOT make everything about himself as a SITTING POWER, he wouldn't be such a big and DESERVING target.
It's not always about trump.
Sometimes it's about gun laws. :-)
(October 20, 2017 at 5:52 am)Little lunch Wrote: It's not always about trump.
Sometimes it's about gun laws. :-)

I didn't bring either up in my OP, someone else did.

But yea, sure I am raising a stink about both because both are causing problems in America and I live here.

No, not sorry one bit about bringing up either. 

45 is unfit, and we have a minority of gun worshipers holding our nation hostage.
Brian, open a file, save it, and do your writing on that. Then if you hit "close" accidentally the program will ask if you want to save changes. Safety net. I don't write long posts directly onto the 'net. Mostly because my cats seem determined to get co-author credit.
(October 20, 2017 at 8:23 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Brian, open a file, save it, and do your writing on that. Then if you hit "close" accidentally the program will ask if you want to save changes. Safety net. I don't write long posts directly onto the 'net. Mostly because my cats seem determined to get co-author credit.

It does not matter if I do it in a word processor or directly here, I have gotten distracted in both and lost it in both. It happens sometimes. 

But my OP wasn't about even that. It was about having a thought in my head, then something, TV, noise outside, cat, phone, suddenly jar me, and I lose that thought. 

I do have ADD. I've actually forgot to put take my goods out of my shopping cart, drove 5 miles home to discover I left them at the store. That is what I am talking about, but with a thought in my head. I can lose it quickly.

Same thing can be said when you are in the middle of telling a long joke, something distracts you, and you lose your place, or forget the punchline. That is what I am talking about.
(October 20, 2017 at 9:20 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 20, 2017 at 8:23 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Brian, open a file, save it, and do your writing on that. Then if you hit "close" accidentally the program will ask if you want to save changes. Safety net. I don't write long posts directly onto the 'net. Mostly because my cats seem determined to get co-author credit.

It does not matter if I do it in a word processor or directly here, I have gotten distracted in both and lost it in both. It happens sometimes. 
You miss my point. You won't lose anything unless you ignore the pop-up box that warns you you're about to close a file with unsaved work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's not that I don't like you but........ brewer 13 687 March 12, 2024 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1088 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1146 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  My HATE Thread! impaler 46 2746 September 2, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I hate it when I do that... onlinebiker 22 1263 July 15, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2882 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 730 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] How do you get over your past mistakes? [Please Don't judge me] GODZILLA 12 1164 June 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I hate government Apex1050 24 1873 May 30, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Athene
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 7836 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama