Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many days of food in your house
How many days of food in your house
If I cook/eat everything I've got, maybe two to three weeks worth. The meals would consist mostly of rice or pasta with veggies. Yet I go to the market twice a week, mostly to buy fresh. (or what passes for fresh here in fly over zone)

Some acquaintances of mine have months and months worth. They are usually either food hoarders or live in apocalypse fear. One guy was trying to get me to buy into a dehydrated food service. Knowing him it was probably a MLM scheme. 

How long could you eat on what you've got?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: How many days of food in your house
Probably 3-4 weeks, though things would get a bit monotonous after two. We have a stockpile I (half) jokingly refer to as the hoard.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
About two weeks worth. Then it's long pig from the neighborhood for as long as the ammunition holds out.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Maybe a week. Most of the food shops we frequent are a reasonable walking distance, there's a Market Day once a week, and the supermarket in Paihai delivers for a nominal fee. We just don't have a need to 'stock up'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Too long. I wish we shopped more just for what we planned to eat for a particular day. Instead we have cupboards of impulse buys which we may finally eat. Hell we could probably eat for half a week out of the refrigerator alone. Another week out of the freezer. The cupboards might take us a week and half further. If it was up to me I'd commit much more to fresher and optimism, let tomorrow take care of itself. No bomb shelters for me.
It varies, but at the moment we could probably go about a week to 10 days. I have a large frozen chicken in the freezer, some pasta and sauce, soup-making materials, milk, cheese, eggs, beans, and baking supplies.
(October 30, 2017 at 3:14 pm)Astreja Wrote: It varies, but at the moment we could probably go about a week to 10 days.  I have a large frozen chicken in the freezer, some pasta and sauce, soup-making materials, milk, cheese, eggs, beans, and baking supplies.

I want your kitchen!
At a guess i'd say a few months. at my house we have a large pantry a fridge and a big freezer plus i only eat two times a day. then at my grandma's house there would even more. she has three large cabinets full to the brim, the fridge, and a very big freezer full. plus she is one of those grandmas that can just about anything. So to shorten this, to much. Smile
7 days, except for some long life staples like spices, herbs, lentils etc.

My wife has canned chickpeas that would probably survive armageddon.
I've probably got enough for three or four weeks, depending upon who's home.

I had a clear out recently and found tinned items from 2014, thought about eating it then came to my senses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you would punish religious people for being religious? Ahriman 222 18217 May 2, 2022 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  A PhD with food stamps? Jehanne 6 861 April 18, 2022 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How many here like pineapple pizza? ZenTrashin 20 1082 January 19, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Fireball
  8 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 44 2624 December 12, 2021 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Cultural Appropriation and Food Goosebump 15 1213 June 6, 2021 at 11:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How many here have constant tinnitus? brewer 28 1470 May 20, 2021 at 12:46 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Silly food. Gawdzilla Sama 19 1062 December 22, 2020 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
  How many pages of "Kudos" do you have? Foxaèr 31 1408 December 17, 2020 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  2375 Days and Counting onlinebiker 10 986 September 20, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What are you missing these days? Gawdzilla Sama 18 1463 April 28, 2020 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama