Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An hour long stay
Brick 
An hour long stay
Religion is the salvation people like me find to escape the traps of humanity.
Just like the song "Hotel California", it's a long desert highway, you find a hotel on the side, you go in.

Here's what the story differs.

A servant of the house moves in, and tells me: "80 Minutes, then you're out". He takes me in inside to a big party, with men and women dressing their best; or trying to look their best.

I'm alone from minute 1. 10 minutes pass and in them I learn the music played. The melody has lovely soothing effect.

The next 20 minutes I learn to dance to the music; I learn to dance alone, the faces of the guests seem to just vanish with time. Their faces are never clear. I wanted a lady to be my companion, but they have so many different faces. They change faces. All of them. So I keep dancing.

The next 50 minutes, I go to the group of people sitting by the door out. They sit, but they can't move anymore. There's blood around some of them. Some have wounds.
I asked them: why did you stay? 1 guy jumped and told me that leaving is "so hard": the shift in the peoples' faces is "normal" and a "right they have".
The wounded ones told me on the other hand:  the hotel has traps. But it's so beautiful. So we fought for our traps. Earned every drop of blood, everybody has a personal trap. For traps we fall; for traps we bleed.
The last in the group told me to look up: I found the roof cracking and about to fall on the dancing crowd. The woman told me: They continue to dance despite knowing that the roof will fall. They say nobody is out there. I laughed and told her: but who made the car I used to drive here if nobody was out? she replied back: they are drunk on the dance. They call the dance "life".

The 20 extra minutes? well, time is irrelevant.

I then sit next to the group.
RE: An hour long stay
Yes, congratulations, you can check out, but you can never leave.
Yeah, I can see religion being like a drug that pulls you in, tears you apart, and won't let you out. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 25, 2017 at 9:35 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Religion is the salvation people like me find to escape the traps of humanity.
Just like the song "Hotel California", it's a long desert highway, you find a hotel on the side, you go in.

Here's what the story differs.

A servant of the house moves in, and tells me: "80 Minutes, then you're out". He takes me in inside to a big party, with men and women dressing their best; or trying to look their best.

I'm alone from minute 1. 10 minutes pass and in them I learn the music played. The melody has lovely soothing effect.

The next 20 minutes I learn to dance to the music; I learn to dance alone, the faces of the guests seem to just vanish with time. Their faces are never clear. I wanted a lady to be my companion, but they have so many different faces. They change faces. All of them. So I keep dancing.

The next 50 minutes, I go to the group of people sitting by the door out. They sit, but they can't move anymore. There's blood around some of them. Some have wounds.
I asked them: why did you stay? 1 guy jumped and told me that leaving is "so hard": the shift in the peoples' faces is "normal" and a "right they have".
The wounded ones told me on the other hand:  the hotel has traps. But it's so beautiful. So we fought for our traps. Earned every drop of blood, everybody has a personal trap. For traps we fall; for traps we bleed.
The last in the group told me to look up: I found the roof cracking and about to fall on the dancing crowd. The woman told me: They continue to dance despite knowing that the roof will fall. They say nobody is out there. I laughed and told her: but who made the car I used to drive here if nobody was out? she replied back: they are drunk on the dance. They call the dance "life".

The 20 extra minutes? well, time is irrelevant.

I then sit next to the group.

Imagine far right redneck voice, "Ywueee A-----Rabs listen to dem dare rock music?"

As an aside, Hotel California jingle, would make a HORRIBLE commercial for a feminine hygiene product.

In a dark unlighted bathroom
Monthly bleeding down there
Warm smell of a Kotex
Rising up through the air

^^^^^^^ Like I said, a HORRIBLE suggestion for that kind of product jingle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about the whole NDE concept and Dr. Jeffrey Long Violeta-1998 51 7042 November 21, 2016 at 10:23 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Long term advice when debating theists. Brian37 33 6925 May 6, 2015 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  And if you are wrong , eternity is a long time. Artur Axmann 188 52395 June 6, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: archangle
  Our work isn't done by a long shot Rokcet Scientist 0 1157 November 28, 2011 at 6:18 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Bishops just can't stay out of people's sex lives OnlyNatural 13 3619 January 29, 2011 at 10:08 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  The Long and the Short of it. Paul the Human 153 55694 July 26, 2010 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Ace Otana