Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey
Hey
Alright guys, thought I'd sign up to this forum and say hello...so hello!

I live in the UK, Hells gusset, Northants. Thought I'd sign up to this forum in the hope that hearing things like "bats are birds" and "evolution is just a theory" would be a thing of the past.
Baptised and raised Christian, then started questioning things at 13 when I lost my grandad to cancer. Never been bothered with titles and pigeon holes so I just think what I think and do what I do. And hopefully get some questions answered/life bettered in the meantime.

Wink
God Bless Atheism
RE: Hey
welcome
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
Welcome to the fun house. Smile
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Well, as I was quickly told, you won't entirely escape such talk here...but in general (who was the person who told me reasonable wasn't entertaining enough?) people here are 'reasonable', wonderfully funny and sometimes scary intelligent. So welcome, from the fast-chilling state of North Carolina! [shakes fist at weather]

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome. We welcome people of any and all beliefs, so we do get a few of the lunatic fringe, but if they can't back up their assertions, they are quickly shown the door. I think you'll enjoy it here.
Hello, Link.

I fully expect the republican shitwits to declare the bat as the national bird today just to satisfy the know-nothings in their "base."
Welcome to the Forums
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
I would welcome you to the forums...

But then I'd have to welcome you to the forums.

Please don't kill anyone I like while you are here Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Cool Shades Welcome to the cool side of the Internet.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Welcome to the forums! Big Grin
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3271 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1839 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 614 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2350 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey Bulxy88 13 2050 July 2, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Bulxy88