Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planing on going to Brisbane Aus early nxt yr
Planing on going to Brisbane Aus early nxt yr
BUT HOLY FUCKING CRAP,

I get that the "youngens" are tec savey, but mother fucker, I want to talk to a human being.

The biggest prob is I already have my passport, but need my visa. FINE, was told that depending on airline they'd do that for me. FINE, so I try to call Quantas, told they do take care of that, but get put on hold for 5 billion hours. I call Travelocity and they give me a ballpark quote for flight prices but don't handle visas. 

Been on the phone with to different companies and only have patchwork and no fucking visa regardless, and it is not about the price.

I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO A FUCKING COMPUTER. It is not about the money. I just want to book this shit so I can go see my friend.
RE: Planing on going to Brisbane Aus early nxt yr
Melbourne's better.

As to the rest, I often wonder why these companies seem to love to make travelling more difficult?
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 4, 2017 at 8:39 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Melbourne's better.

As to the rest, I often wonder why these companies seem to love to make travelling more difficult?

While it is a vacation, it is specific for visiting my friend Bob. We have known each other since 2001, and up until his stroke 2 years ago, we had been talking almost every day on Skype. He is getting up there and I want to see him at least one time. 

But yea, I agree, and from what I have heard tons of airlines are making the economy seats extremely uncomfortable. I am bent on doing this, but the phone part I know will piss me off far more than being treated like a sardine.
How long you going for?
I'm only an hour and a half away, we should meet up.
And who's going to look after your cat?
(December 4, 2017 at 9:56 pm)Little lunch Wrote: How long you going for?
I'm only an hour and a half away, we should meet up.
And who's going to look after your cat?

Gotta take care of my visa, but sometime in Feb or March next year. 2 weeks. Sure if you want to travel up one day during that time sure. 

My cat, God of course.  Big Grin

I may have to bite the bullet and pay to have a vet baby sit him, but between him and my prior dog, he should be less of a cost.
Australia? That's exciting, I'd like to visit Australia one day. Let me take that back - I will visit Australia one day. I have a few other destinations to take myself and my kid to first.
Just think of the visa crap as practice for the actual trip - there's always at least one thing that gets fucked up on a big trip. But have fun anyway! Smile

-Teresa
(December 4, 2017 at 10:14 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: Australia? That's exciting, I'd like to visit Australia one day. Let me take that back - I will visit Australia one day. I have a few other destinations to take myself and my kid to first.
Just think of the visa crap as practice for the actual trip - there's always at least one thing that gets fucked up on a big trip. But have fun anyway! Smile

-Teresa

My Trip to Japan in 2000, said everything I needed to know. Expect delays, and expect to be fucking worn out when you get there.

That is why I am going for two weeks. I am going to need, after almost a day and a half of flight each way, WITH NO SLEEP. I cant sleep on a plane, at least a day sleeping at a hotel before I do any visiting anyone.
Is Brisbane anywhere near Porpoise Spit?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 4, 2017 at 10:22 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 4, 2017 at 10:14 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: Australia? That's exciting, I'd like to visit Australia one day. Let me take that back - I will visit Australia one day. I have a few other destinations to take myself and my kid to first.

-Teresa

My Trip to Japan in 2000, said everything I needed to know. Expect delays, and expect to be fucking worn out when you get there.

That is why I am going for two weeks. I am going to need, after almost a day and a half of flight each way, WITH NO SLEEP. I cant sleep on a plane, at least a day sleeping at a hotel before I do any visiting anyone.

You're doing it the right way, then. I like to take my good old time when I travel and wander around without rushing. I could never understand why people do trips like 7 European countries in 9 days. Not my style.

-Teresa
I'm a little jealous, tbh... I travel quite a bit and Australia is one of those places I would love to go but me and long flights are no bueno - so Australia is probably out of reach. Sadly, there are few places to put down a jet in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going to buy a gun onlinebiker 46 2474 October 17, 2021 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Spooky
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1130 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 624 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2374 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1497 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  It's going to be a WARM winter onlinebiker 8 930 October 9, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I am going naked on here to challenge my wife to do the same. funcouple 19 1647 August 31, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Are you going to let him do that? onlinebiker 4 1061 August 22, 2019 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  A month early, but stilll...... Brian37 3 521 July 11, 2019 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I might be Brisbane bound again.. Brian37 72 5272 April 27, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37