Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientology survived to this day.
Scientology survived to this day.
This universe has long been looking for new ways to make slaves. Well, we've got some new ways to make slaves here.
—L. Ron Hubbard (from PDC tape lecture #20 "Formative State of Scientology, Definition of Logic", given on 6 December, 1952)

"Hubbard's experiment was well enough formed that his "religion" actually survives to this day, to the embarrassment of the human race. It is also known to be the biggest money-making scam in history. Sadly, believers in Scientology do not survive as well as the belief system: far too many have died through Scientology related abuse; see Why are They Dead?".

Christians say it's a scam.
RE: Scientology survived to this day.
[Image: xenu2.gif]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

There are not that many members left worldwide though. You'd be hard pressed to fill a football stadium with them. They only still exist because they have amassed a fortune.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

If the Org in Clearwater got all the self identifying scientologists in the US to meet up at Ray Jay...they'd make less than half the average attendance at a Bucs home game. Growing up in The Bay, the smallness of scientology was too visible for anyone to take their membership claims (or the notion that they were a major religion) seriously. You could stuff them all into the Harrison and burn it down...and no one would ever know that such a thing existed. Not that I would ever do such a thing.

Scouts honor.

(If they interest you, PP, I can't recommend the St. Pete Times highly enough. They;ve been brutalizing the church in award winning editorials for decades. It's a hometown hobby for them, pretty much turned them into a lulz pinata.)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 6, 2017 at 2:30 am)Alex K Wrote: There are not that many members left worldwide though. You'd be hard pressed to fill a football stadium with them. They only still exist because they have amassed a fortune.

Sounds like the perfect time to take away their tax exempt status.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Taxing wealthy businesses?  The hell you say. Taxes are meant to oppress the poor! Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 6, 2017 at 10:05 am)Khemikal Wrote: Taxing wealthy businesses?  The hell you say. Taxes are meant to oppress the poor! Wink

Consider it christian charity.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

(December 6, 2017 at 2:30 am)Alex K Wrote: There are not that many members left worldwide though. You'd be hard pressed to fill a football stadium with them. They only still exist because they have amassed a fortune.

Well, American football stadiums can barely fill themselves with their own fans, at any rate. While a good estimate of the true size of Scientology is hard to come by (partly because at some points, they consider everyone who comes to see a Tom Cruise movie to be a Scientologist), it seems to be about 25,000 (at least in America, and I don't think Scientology has the "Big in Japan" factor).

By comparison, Soldier Field has a capacity of about 61,500. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of the most famous association football stadiums in Germany can hold more than 25,000.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 6, 2017 at 9:57 am)mh.brewer Wrote:

Sounds like the perfect time to take away their tax exempt status.

Would they miss it? Don't bet your engrams on it.

The Church of Scientology has opened its opulent Birmingham HQ.

Quote:The centre will eventually employ close to 180 people.

Wouldn't a money counter be easier, the banks use them.

Quote:It was also marked by a heavy security presence guarding the property from reporters, protestors, and observers.

Business as usual then.

It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2861 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  why don't atheists support scientology? leodeo 114 28695 November 14, 2013 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: IAmNotHere