Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas, Love Field closed for smoke
Dallas, Love Field closed for smoke
HVAC overloaded and put enough smoke in terminal they had to evacuate. Fire department on scene, under control. Trying now to get back up to speed, but damn, bad timing for air travel issue to be arising.

Nowhere near as bad as recent Atlanta issue, but bad enough. Wondering about weather delays too. Crappy here but Omaha unaffected (AFAIK) but easy to imagine a slick taxiway or runway ruing more travel plans.

Glad at least in this regard I'm staying put for the holidays. And with a lame flu vaccine this year, I can just imagine how many germs are being passed around now.

[shudder]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Dallas, Love Field closed for smoke
(December 22, 2017 at 11:14 am)vorlon13 Wrote: HVAC overloaded and put enough smoke in terminal they had to evacuate.  Fire department on scene, under control.  Trying now to get back up to speed, but damn, bad timing for air travel issue to be arising.

Nowhere near as bad as recent Atlanta issue, but bad enough.  Wondering about weather delays too.  Crappy here but Omaha unaffected (AFAIK) but easy to imagine a slick taxiway or runway ruing more travel plans.

Glad at least in this regard I'm staying put for the holidays.  And with a lame flu vaccine this year, I can just imagine how many germs are being passed around now.

[shudder]

Between the Atlanta story, this and lithium batteries being in the news, thanks, it's not like I am going to Australia in feb.  Big Grin

This sucks for travelers for sure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field Aegon 284 94229 June 18, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence Seraphina 227 20431 July 19, 2016 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dallas art depicting Mo attacked. Brian37 22 2670 May 5, 2015 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus