Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orrin Hatch set to retire
Orrin Hatch set to retire
He is retiring at the end of this term, and some are hopeful for a Romney bid. 

https://twitter.com/i/moments/948272556317876224
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Orrin Hatch set to retire
Romney would be somewhat of an improvement.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(January 2, 2018 at 4:49 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Romney would be somewhat of an improvement.

I hate his economics, but yea, he only struck me as wrong, not bat shit insane.
Hate to see prominent Mormons go unchallenged about all the chicanery, perfidy, heresy, connivance and skullduggery their faith has unleashed on their OCD gullible followers though . . . .

Still, I feel so sorry for Mormon apologists.

Undecided
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I suspect he believes he has done about as much damage to the country as he can, and it is time to take the money and run.
Still amazed Harry Reid AND Orrin Hatch can both be members in good standing in the same church.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 2, 2018 at 5:11 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Hate to see prominent Mormons go unchallenged about all the chicanery, perfidy, heresy, connivance and skullduggery their faith has unleashed on their OCD gullible followers though . . . .

Still, I feel so sorry for Mormon apologists.

Undecided

I feel sorry for my species, not just Mormons. Unfortunately most humans get sold the religion of their parents at birth. Babies don't have a shot at formulating critical thinking skills.

It isn't to say most humans are bad, no, most are good, or at least want to do good, or think they are doing good. But as far as religion and geopolitics we are a very tribal species, and that part I hate.
This guy was one of the keys to reinterpretation of the second amendment that helped bring us to the goofy place we're at now with gun control.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-com...-amendment

Good riddance.
Orrin Hatch was the scumbag who infected America with Clarence Thomas.  He's also the idiot who with the dummy Dick Durbin cooked up the Dream Act that's flooding the country with illegal aliens.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DREAM_Act

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 17528 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 1114 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Captain Stubing needs to retire. Brian37 5 314 February 11, 2019 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Speaker Eddie Munster to retire from Congress Brian37 5 903 April 11, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Orrin Delivers The Bad News Minimalist 2 938 July 31, 2017 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  American Airlines...At Least They Didn't Throw Her Out Of The Hatch Minimalist 27 7014 June 14, 2017 at 10:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  4 double executions set for April in Arkansas. Jehanne 11 2597 February 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  NC GOP campaign office set on fire. Brian37 25 3374 October 17, 2016 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  UK to set school exams around Ramadan Regina 50 5986 January 11, 2016 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Ben Davis