Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deficit Commission Submits Their Recomendations
Deficit Commission Submits Their Recomendations
The president's bi partisian, Deficit Commission submits their recomendations for budget cuts. Entitlements targeted...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Deficit-pa...4.html?x=0
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Deficit Commission Submits Their Recomendations
The one good thing about the Republican takeover of the House is that they are now responsible for the budget. If the president were politically savvy, which so far I have yet to see that he is, he'd hold their feet to the fire regarding their promise to reduce the deficit.

It can't be done without huge cuts to defense and tax increases on the wealthy, neither of which Republicans will support.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Id like to see the Repuclicans cut defence spending. As if that would ever happen though, they are more likely to cut education and infrastructure spending!
That commission was designed to show people what would be entailed in actually reducing the deficit. Its proposals are DOA. They were designed to be.

Now, let's see the tea party shitheads do something else!
(November 11, 2010 at 11:49 am)Minimalist Wrote: Now, let's see the tea party shitheads do something else!

My prediction:

"If you don't cut taxes, you're gone!" -and-
"If you cut Social Security, Medicare or Defense, you're gone!" -and-
"If you keep borrowing and spending money, you're gone!"

These people have no shame in demanding all things to all people at a cost of nothing to anybody.
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
There's too much magical thinking in this country. Probably comes from believing in an invisible sky-daddy who answers "prayers."

Well...praying isn't getting us out of this mess. Actually, praying never helped get anyone out of any mess but that's a topic for other threads!

(November 11, 2010 at 4:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: There's too much magical thinking in this country. Probably comes from believing in an invisible sky-daddy who answers "prayers."

Any surprise as to the correlation between piety and this brand of right wing nuts? It's not always true (I was a secular conservative back in the day) but if you fall for the Jesus con, you're more likely to fall for the "trickle down" con.
(November 11, 2010 at 9:31 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: It can't be done without huge cuts to defense ...
BREAKING NEWS: Liberal Democrats unveil their new guided missle defense system after making deep cuts in military spending. Our crews captured this video footage of the new "Deist Paladin" guided missle test launch. YEEE HAAW!!!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(November 11, 2010 at 5:24 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Any surprise as to the correlation between piety and this brand of right wing nuts? It's not always true (I was a secular conservative back in the day) but if you fall for the Jesus con, you're more likely to fall for the "trickle down" con.

Any excuse they can make to march this country into Plutocracy.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Who would Jesus Bomb, A-Theist?

Always a good question for you super christee, types.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 4715 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9042 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 940 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Palestinian rock throwing, but isnt that against their religion? Kimbi 1 495 September 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1567 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Fools And Their Money! Minimalist 10 997 May 18, 2018 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Finally Fox [Faux] News is being called out for their shit NuclearEnergy 3 1431 December 16, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1265 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Fucking Xtians Promptly Putting Their Hands Out Minimalist 17 3384 September 6, 2017 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  What are those die hard Trump defenders getting in return for their loyalty? NuclearEnergy 16 4670 July 12, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope