Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incest, homosexuality
Incest, homosexuality

I'm interested to know what people have to say about why homosexuality should be allowed/accepted in society, and incest should not. This is under the assumption that the incestuous couple will NOT procreate if they get legally married, and of course are consenting adults.
RE: Incest, homosexuality
(November 13, 2010 at 10:52 pm)CarinaS Wrote: This is under the assumption that the incestuous couple will NOT procreate if they get legally married, and of course are consenting adults.

If they will not procreate and are consenting adults, I say 'Why not?'. Incensuous relationships should be 'allowed' (not criminalized or stigmatized) and accepted.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Yeah, keep it in the family.

Please is this a serious question. You must be joking.
(November 13, 2010 at 11:41 pm)ib.me.ub Wrote: Yeah, keep it in the family.

Please is this a serious question. You must be joking.

yes, it is a serious question. why wouldn't it be?
Well I find it morally repulsive. Especially in regards to close relatives.
How did you get from "I find it repulsive" to "it's morally repulsive"? Last time I checked morality wasn't whatever you happen to agree with.

Incest isn't something that thwarts the desires of others, it only affects the desires of the persons involved, so it has no net negative value for society. I agree in that i'm personally repulsed by it, but that's not a good reason to start dictating to others about what they should do.

The risk to potential children is the only thing of any concern here, and provided that doesn't happen I have no good reason to object to it.
(November 13, 2010 at 11:55 pm)ib.me.ub Wrote: Well I find it morally repulsive. Especially in regards to close relatives.

well, I find homosexuality morally repulsive, but that doesn't mean I can outlaw it.
theVOID Wrote:How did you get from "I find it repulsive" to "it's morally repulsive"? Last time I checked morality wasn't whatever you happen to agree with.

You missed the lttle bit at the start. The I find it bit, which means, that I find it morally repulsive, subject to my own moral standard. (There is no it's in it, which you just decided to change to suit yourself).

I said nothing about society in general and I certainly didn't tell them what to do, as you are with me! Every coin has two sides, and you should apply your own logic to yourself.

theVOID Wrote:Last time I checked morality wasn't whatever you happen to agree with.

And last time I checked the definition of morallity, apparently it applies to the individual and their own moral standards.

It is also seen as a social taboo, therefore allowing to be placed under the other definition of morality.

theVOID Wrote:but that's not a good reason to start dictating to others about what they should do.

Excuse me, the question was posted on an open forum, and went as such;

CarinaS Wrote:I'm interested to know what people have to say about......

So thank you very much, thats what I have to say.

I find it morally repulsive and so does the rest of normal society, so it seems.

CorinaS Wrote:well, I find homosexuality morally repulsive, but that doesn't mean I can outlaw it.

Edit: I said nothing about outlawing it, because it is already outlawed.
(November 14, 2010 at 12:27 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: I find it morally repulsive and so does the rest of normal society, so it seems.

I said "allowed/accepted," and you asked if it was a serious question. "normal" society was once morally repulsed by homosexuals, as well.

and sorry about the long post, I just forgot to do that.
Yes, I do not accept it, and society does not allow it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incest should be legal because homosexuality is Rein83 52 5600 August 6, 2019 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Homosexuality should be forbidden in public Sopra 33 3326 February 28, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The changing attitude towards homosexuality in the western world. Something completely different 0 861 July 2, 2013 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Who Will Trade Me Homosexuality for Abortion??? Blackrook 77 19306 April 6, 2013 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Homosexuality punishable by death. leo-rcc 5 4089 January 14, 2010 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Meatball