Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prom
Prom
Did you go? Why/why not? If you are a girl, did you dress in anything this revealing? Would you allow your own daughter to?

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Prom
Went to a number of school dances/socials.

Wouldn't wear anything like that to one.
Dying to live, living to die.
Never went to prom. I was the one at home reading books while everyone else was too busy worrying about being socially cool.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I didn't go to prom, but I did enjoy other social dances in Sr. year. But more for the eye candy than anything.

I would never have a kid, but if I did, she'd be grounded if she even talked about dressing like that. In fact, it would take a lot for me to allow her to go to prom. Gotta earn your way. No limo, no decolletage, etc.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I was too shy a guy to go to the prom. Took me a few more years before I was ready to relate to girls without jizzing my pants.
Oh, jizz away. I'm 42 and still feel like I'm a teen at times.
(April 15, 2018 at 9:45 pm)c172 Wrote: Did you go? Why/why not? If you are a girl, did you dress in anything this revealing? Would you allow your own daughter to?

Jaysus.  I would never let my daughter out of the house like that.

I went to prom.  No one asked me so I had to ask a friend from another school who was a grade below me.  The next year, when it was his prom, he took someone else! The whole thing was pretty lame, TBH.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
That would be crossing the line for me.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
My mom didn't have money for it and my aunt gave me a choice between prom and new glasses. My glasses were old and beat up and I couldn't think of anyone to go with anyway. In hindsight, there probably was one. Or two really. Options. I wouldn't have tried to go with two girls.
Went to prom because a pretty girl said yes. As for the dress, people don't just all of a sudden where an outfit like that. You'd have to have passed on a lot of parenting opportunities to slow that train down for it to get to the point of wearing that dress to a high school prom.

Then again, maybe that's just how the kid rolls. If the decision to wear that dress comes from a healthy place, then maybe it's not actually a big deal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prom night.. Darwinian 5 1519 July 6, 2011 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Cinjin