Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dynamic morality vs static morality or universal morality
dynamic morality vs static morality or universal morality
I'm writing an essay that basically is arguing against everything I believe in both while a Deist and now as a Muslim, about morality.

I am going the Devil's advocate route.

Basically  I want to be able to justify illicit relationships of any kind as well as having a sex with a real live bear by a woman but not universally, but just in her particular case.

What I can't argue that is that all society should do that. So I will be arguing that morality is dynamic, it depends on the state and knowledge of the individual and their thought process, their strengths and weakness, and there is no universal way nor is there a static way that everyone has to adhere to.

I have a lot of arguments for it, but I'm interested to hear thoughts here.

The essay context is of a book called "Bear".
RE: dynamic morality vs static morality or universal morality
Bears will only have oral sex with humans and they do swallow. They can swallow a lot in one sitting.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Only anal sex and call your bear Poo.

Thought on concept: If you pick something more reasonable than sex with a bear you might create a more intelligent sounding paper.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I don't really choose the books we studied.
(May 2, 2018 at 9:02 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I don't really choose the books we studied.

There is a book about sex with a bear?

MK, you might finally be hanging with the right crowd.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
So far I'm going on the lines of:

One cannot act according to strength and potentiality of others. (Talk about the book in that respect)

One knows their circumstances best and is best fit to asses situation they are in. (talk about the book in that respect)

Sometimes two opposite paths are like red and green colours, they lead to different outcomes, but it's just a color, not right or wrong. (etc)

One responds to their own impulse and their impulse is best understood by them. (etc)

Two different choices in states even with all circumstances, just means, it's that, a different choice, and they both maybe equally valid even if opposite. (etc)
You don't really need any novel moral arguments.  There are many illicit relationships and actions that are not in any way immoral. Fucking a melon is illicit. Mixing meat and diary is illicit. Drinking is illicit. Homosexuality is illicit. Polygamy is illicit. Hell, not waiting for a red light to turn on an empty stretch of flat road at 3am is illicit.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
What am I'm arguing, they be immoral for someone but someone else it's not immoral.
I think that's going to be an unnecessarily difficult lift, personally. You'll be arguing for complete moral relativism.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 2, 2018 at 9:53 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I think that's going to be an unnecessarily difficult lift, personally.  You'll be arguing for complete moral relativism.

No, it won't. It's arguing for dynamic morality, not that everyone can decide morality, but that it changes person to person, state to state, condition to condition.

Relative morality would be everyone decides what their morality is, or do I got it wrong?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  are aesthetics universal? zainab 15 1231 March 2, 2019 at 7:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Universal Moral Code BlindedWantsToSee 57 7402 November 2, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: BlindedWantsToSee
  Does it make sense to speak of "Universal Consciousness" or "Universal Intelligence"? Mudhammam 253 41792 June 8, 2014 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Morality in dogs? Morality Learned? The Reality Salesman01 26 5831 May 16, 2013 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Objective Morality and Subjective Morality Sulthus 2 4163 January 17, 2011 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused