Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U2 chooses legal abortion over Christianity
U2 chooses legal abortion over Christianity
Quote:U2 (2018) [in effect]: “killing preborn children and being politically chic and popular [i.e., politically far left, of course] trumps the Christian prohibition of murder, and the sanctity of life from the womb to the tomb.”

U2 posted an image of the repeal logo on Twitter accompanied by the written message, “Vote on May 25th” — the date of Ireland’s referendum on its Eighth Amendment, which has protected the lives of mothers and their unborn babies since 1983.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/davearmstro...anity.html
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: U2 chooses legal abortion over Christianity
Nothing sadder than xtians whining about shit that is none of their fucking business.
If they don't want abortions they should stop having them.  Problem solved.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Exactly.  But that is never good enough for these sanctimonious cunts.  They aren't happy unless they are telling other people how to live.
Abortions for me, but none for thee.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 4, 2018 at 4:45 pm)Kit Wrote:
Quote:U2 (2018) [in effect]: “killing preborn children and being politically chic and popular [i.e., politically far left, of course] trumps the Christian prohibition of murder, and the sanctity of life from the womb to the tomb.”

U2 posted an image of the repeal logo on Twitter accompanied by the written message, “Vote on May 25th” — the date of Ireland’s referendum on its Eighth Amendment, which has protected the lives of mothers and their unborn babies since 1983.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/davearmstro...anity.html

Pity Bonio can't give up on being a whiny little shot who tells everybody else to do what he refuses to do. Or the band can't say yes to paying their taxes.

Naturally I'm for a yes vote (for two reasons, the obvious one a yes vote will allow legalised abortion in this country* and the rumour that there'll be an election soon after if the yes vote wins well netting me another €350 as a polling clerk for that), but it's a pity them scobes have to be vocally on my side.

Oh, seeing as I did a thread on being polling clerk for the last election, I'll give the rundown on the referendum process. It's a lot simpler than an election, you've one question yes to the proposed change to the constitution or no. So a simple binary choice. No multiple preferences, no multiple counts with transfers after election or elimination, none of those shenanigans. Expect the result to be known about 6pm of the day after the vote.

In this case the change in the constitution will change the constitution from saying "no abortions unless the woman will die" to "abortions will be decided by a vote of parliament". And given the government's proposed law to introduce abortion if yes wins, resulting in a de-facto halving of the term limits for abortions from the UK's (minus Norn Iron) 24 weeks to twelve. Of course if you tell that to the anti-abortion Hitler Jugend Defence crowd their heads a-splode.

*Instead of the current situation where c. 8,000 women travel (mostly to the UK, followed by the Netherlands) or procure abortion pills on the internet to obtain illegal abortions.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
"Protecting the Lives of babies and their mothers." Evidently, Savita Halappanavar was not protected by the Eighth Amendment, because she was denied an abortion when it would likely have saved her life. As was Sheila Hodgers, or Ms Y, who went on hunger strike when it was clear the Republic of Ireland wouldn't allow her to have an abortion, or PP, who was kept on life support after being declared brain-dead on the off chance she could carry the fetus in her to term, or Amy Dunne, who was refused the right to travel to the UK to terminate her anecephalic pregnancy (which would not have lasted outside the womb, anyway.)

I know most abortion cases are less dire, but when you make laws on abortion as restrictive as Ireland's, THIS. IS. WHAT. HAPPENS.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Ireland shouldn't even be Christian anyway. Stupid freaking Patrick. No, he doesn't deserve the title of "saint".
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
We are just one check signed by Trumply and made out to an abortion clinic away from having abortion becoming a sacrament among Christians just as important as Communion.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I wonder if I ask Dave Armstrong for his shirt, if he'll give me his jacket too.

My guess is he fucking won't. Cause he only follows the parts of the bible that are convenient. So who the fuck is he to tell anyone anything? The guy seems like a shithead. Then again, most catholics do.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If Abortion Becomes Illegal onlinebiker 36 2786 May 8, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  GOP chooses to protect former guy and big lie. Brian37 11 820 June 1, 2021 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1260 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Is this debate about legal vs illegal immigration or white vs brown immigrants? Aegon 66 5259 August 25, 2019 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Abortion Stats - Something doesn't add up. Minimalist 15 1414 November 23, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Argentina steps closer to legalising abortion pocaracas 0 357 June 14, 2018 at 9:59 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Which fucking moron chooses to wage war on all other major powers at once? Anomalocaris 16 1616 June 1, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant The Industrial Atheist 164 24163 May 20, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Marijuana becoming legal little by little: the bitter victory WinterHold 19 2765 April 26, 2018 at 5:29 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  So Republicunts Are Only Against Abortion For Other People Minimalist 5 1226 April 13, 2018 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr