Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No I did not find Mich McConnell but...
No I did not find Mich McConnell but...
I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express....

No really, in all seriousness I saw something crawling across my yard. If it had been Mich, I would have said fuck it, but in reality it was a REAL webbed foot turtle. Not sure what to do with it. I am 2 miles inland from the beach, not even sure what species it is.  I do know it can't survive in my neighborhood as there is no water for miles. I am taking it in for the night and asking advice in the morning as to where to take it.
RE: No I did not find Mich McConnell but...
Careful.  Sessions will arrest it and deport it.
(June 15, 2018 at 8:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Careful.  Sessions will arrest it and deport it.

Nah, sessions would only do that if it involves separating mother from children.
(June 15, 2018 at 8:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express....

No really, in all seriousness I saw something crawling across my yard. If it had been Mich, I would have said fuck it, but in reality it was a REAL webbed foot turtle. Not sure what to do with it. I am 2 miles inland from the beach, not even sure what species it is.  I do know it can't survive in my neighborhood as there is no water for miles. I am taking it in for the night and asking advice in the morning as to where to take it.

Picture?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(June 15, 2018 at 9:36 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(June 15, 2018 at 8:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express....

Picture?

Can't get either the "photo" or "image" options to work here..

OH and the only camera I have is my laptop and it only faces me so it is a bitch to aim it at anything.
Mich McConnell part DEUX

Ok, so today, driving down a 1 lane each way road, I noticed a lady walking from a parked car to the middle of the road and sure enough turtle right at the double yellow lines. I had just enough time to stop, right in front of the turtle. But the scared poor thing took the opportunity to take cover under my van. It took a couple minutes and different objects to prod it out from under the van. There was a slight back up of traffic, but the car behind me understood and saw it. 

Two things that annoyed me though. An old lady pedestrian said, "Humans are more important than animals" walking by. Yes and no, yes in that you should not cause an accident in trying to save the animal, but it was mid day on a low speed road. But secondly, even if you don't give a shit about the turtle, running over one can cause a tire blow out which can cause an accident. 

The other thing that annoyed me, although it was nice of the other lady to try to save the turtle, whom I ended up helping do just that, after we finally got the thing to the side of the road she said, "Thank you, have a blessed day"....... I was polite but simply responded, "I am an atheist".
Best solution: 

[Image: s-l300.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Take it straight to a 4 qt pot with crab boil.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 20, 2018 at 12:30 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Best solution: 

(June 20, 2018 at 12:30 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Best solution: 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's not that I don't like you but........ brewer 13 686 March 12, 2024 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2181 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is Facebook and do you find it valuable Rhizomorph13 22 1262 July 29, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2374 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Not that I ever will again, but.... Brian37 40 2857 April 8, 2020 at 11:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1101 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  [NOT SERIOUS] But wondering.... Brian37 14 2121 January 26, 2019 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  When Morons Find Each Other Minimalist 7 1046 November 30, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? Foxaèr 48 8406 May 4, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Find out how much your fellow forum members are getting screwed Catholic_Lady 68 7236 April 13, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady