Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas
Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas
My kid and I are going to yet another protest on Saturday, June 30. It's at an ICE building in my city to protest Trump's immigration policies re: separating migrant families. According to the Facebook page, up to 8,000 people may show up.

And I need sign ideas! I have a few ("Crush ICE" and a quote from Emma Lazarus's poem on the Statue of Liberty) but looking for more ideas. If I like your idea, I may carry your words around on a sign on Saturday. See you on the news. Smile

-Teresa
RE: Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas
"I Support Trump!" is a good sign.
I thought they changed this policy, so families wouldn’t be separated.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
If only it were that simple, RoadRunner. The current immigration policy on migrants is a hot mess and changes day by day. And, disturbingly, Trump has tweeted more than once about not allowing due process for migrants.
So, I'll be there with our signs and slogans with the other protesters on Saturday.

Here's the latest from the NY Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/26/us/po...v=top-news

-Teresa
Picture of a kid being locked up with the text ICE, ICE, Baby.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 26, 2018 at 10:19 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Picture of a kid being locked up with the text ICE, ICE, Baby.

That's funny, sick and relevant all at the same time lol.

-Teresa
"Separate ICE from their jobs, not Kids from their families"
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(June 26, 2018 at 10:27 pm)Cecelia Wrote: "Separate ICE from their jobs, not Kids from their families"

I like that, thank you, I may use it!

-Teresa
We need ICE, just not for some of the shit they have been tasked with, in terms of people. Rightful asylum seekers shouldn't have what is happening to them, for instance. But these guys also look for drugs and other contraband. That they should continue with. They aren't there just for immigration. It just seems wrong to me to villainize them completely.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now HappySkeptic 44 1892 February 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Trump is going to be reelected.... Jehanne 250 11492 January 21, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Protest Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 42 1721 October 17, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 355 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Protest Covid Concerns The Architect Of Fate 3 538 June 5, 2020 at 8:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I am going postal..... Brian37 12 1092 April 30, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4587 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5275 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Keep It Going Ladies Minimalist 6 1168 May 16, 2018 at 11:37 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Saudi Arabia: how did the U.K agree to sign weapon deals with it? WinterHold 6 1110 March 12, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: WinterHold