Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 - Any projections on cult and kool-aid
2012 - Any projections on cult and kool-aid
As no doubt everyone is aware that the end of the Mayan Long Calendar is only a couple of years away. Despite our conditioning that at the end of the calendar year, we simply start the calendar over again by increasing the year by a digit, some fail to comprehend this regarding the long calendar of the Mayans. Any thoughts as to whether the doomsday religions, for instance, christianity and the rapture and revelations crowd are responding to the 2012 doomsday theme by their instance that the end days of the Revelations are upon them? I'm also wondering how many doomsday cults are "underground" waiting for the end???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkv4chj47XY
The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
RE: 2012 - Any projections on cult and kool-aid
It seems like every forum I went on right after the movie 2012 released had at least one psycho quoting scripture and shouting about how our day is coming. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces after nothing happens. Again.
Religious half-wits have been whining about silly shit like this from antiquity.

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

Pick a category and enjoy.
(December 17, 2010 at 2:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Religious half-wits have been whining about silly shit like this from antiquity.

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

Pick a category and enjoy.

Just think you project enough doomsdays scenarios and the law of averages may finally wind up on your side!

ROFLOL

The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
And which one of the half wits will be around to gloat?
I have a friend who has a particularly stupid wife. (I'm sorry, but it is oh so fucking true.) You could convince her the moon was a bowl of jello if you used confusing enough words to describe it. Anyway, she watched one half-assed documentary on 2012 and is now convinced that it is going to happen. She has even said shit like, "Who cares? I'm going to die in 2012." My friend, who is much brighter, can do nothing to convince her of her idiocy. Part of me wants to write an article to the effect that 2012 is really going to happen (I am positive I can make a convincing argument for it.) and then email it to her. I know, it's mean, but I am all about survival of the fittest. In this case, she is mentally unfit.
Quote:I have a friend who has a particularly stupid wife.

Does she at least have big tits as a redeeming factor?
(December 18, 2010 at 12:36 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I have a friend who has a particularly stupid wife.

Does she at least have big tits as a redeeming factor?

Actually, no. She is an entirely vapid and plain creature. She does have long hot pink fingernails, though, as if that makes up for her lack of anything redemptive. I wish I could post a pic of her, but that would be really heartless. My mom always told me to be nice to dumb people. Smile
That rule only applies in their presence Wink
(December 18, 2010 at 1:20 am)theVOID Wrote: That rule only applies in their presence Wink

Smile True, but this is the internet. Knowing my luck, she would google 2012 and get this thread.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CNN reports on Iran attacking the United States with Hurricane Sandy in 2012. Thunderlips 12 1078 October 2, 2023 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Question [Serious] CNN reports on Iran attacking the United States with Hurricane Sandy in 2012. Thunderlips 0 507 October 2, 2023 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Thunderlips
  2017 is the new 2012 Tea Earl Grey Hot 29 7418 May 8, 2013 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  For our 2012'ers KichigaiNeko 9 3991 December 21, 2012 at 8:48 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  World will not end in 2012, according to 9th-century Mayan calendar Ryft 11 5583 June 17, 2012 at 8:35 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  2012 Creed of Heresy 12 5755 March 21, 2012 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  2012 Mal Kiever 30 5584 November 13, 2011 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Epimethean