Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Piss Off Some Fundies.
Let's Piss Off Some Fundies.
Always good for a few laughs!

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamin...-ark-tale/

Quote:The Leaky Noah’s Ark Tale

Quote:[The Noah flood story] is a derivative version of demonstrably much older flood epics from the same area, including the Gilgamesh epic [Sumerian], the Atrahasis epic [Akkadian], the story of Xisuthros [Sumerian], and that of Deucalion and Pyrrha [Greek], all of whom survived the world-devastating flood by setting sail in a protective ark, most of them bringing the animals along for the ride. We find all the familiar details: The decision of the gods to flood the world for some offense committed by the human race, the stipulated dimensions of the ark, the provision for the animals, the onset of the rains, the number of days the flood lasted, the naming of the spot the ark came to rest, the sending forth of birds to find dry ground, the emergence of the refugees, their sacrifice, and the promise of the gods never to doom the world thusly ever again. It’s all there, at least most of it in most versions.

As an aside, Price is demonstrating the melding of the different OT sources and showing how they were (piss-poorly) combined into the tale we have now.
RE: Let's Piss Off Some Fundies.
[finger in ears] lalalalala, I can't hear you!

For the most part (some prime counterexamples exist here, and we know who they are) Fundies don't have keyboards that lead to the rational world.

I'll relate a tale from a wood working site I frequent. A guy made a profile of an adult female out of a piece of plywood and painted it pink. You may have seen them, chrome-plated, on the mud flaps of trucks. Confused Fall One guy actually complained, because his 14 year old son visited that site. If this was the only thing that his son had ever seen of a "naked" female, I'd be astonished, and sorry for the kid.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I suspect the gay lions are peculiar to the Judeo-Christian version of the tale . . . .

[Image: 424abbcb9efacf254aafe12bdafcfe20.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Stegatorous turds take up a lot of room!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(August 30, 2018 at 10:27 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I suspect the gay lions are peculiar to the Judeo-Christian version of the tale  . . . .

[Image: 424abbcb9efacf254aafe12bdafcfe20.jpg]

Well, the YECs know dick about "evilution", of course. They will be quick to point out that female lions sometimes also have a mane. The kicker is that those females are generally sterile because of the genetic mixing (and testosterone) that occurred during fertilization that would cause a female to have a mane. So, no lion cubs "expected" off the ark.

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-an...behaviors/
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Quote:Well, the YECs know dick......

FTFY.
"Evolution"

Done!
Dying to live, living to die.

Classic Big Grin
(August 30, 2018 at 10:31 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Stegatorous turds take up a lot of room!

I don't know about that. Each one I've seen fit nicely behind a pulpit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oh My....Another Xtian Wetdream Collapses In A Puddle Of Piss Minimalist 33 3456 May 28, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Bart Ehrman Pisses Me Off..... sometimes Minimalist 39 3092 February 24, 2018 at 12:42 pm
  This Should Piss Off Some Muslims Minimalist 15 2699 December 19, 2017 at 10:28 pm
  Let's Stir the Pot A Bit Minimalist 6 1364 November 26, 2017 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: chorlton
  Oh, FFS, Let's Get Serious Here Minimalist 7 1527 August 8, 2017 at 1:33 am
  This Kind Of Shit Pisses Me Off Minimalist 6 1643 January 20, 2017 at 11:20 am
  Aw, Fuck...Let's Have Some Fun! Minimalist 6 1487 December 29, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Forgetting Jesus Freak Bullshit, Let's Stick To History: Minimalist 38 7789 October 20, 2015 at 1:30 pm