Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, if as an atheist/agnostic we're wrong about the god thing
So, if as an atheist/agnostic we're wrong about the god thing
So, if as an atheist/agnostic we're wrong about the god thing who on the list available at the following website would you like your first conversations in hell to be with? I was researching a movie to see if John Malkovich had been in it and while browsing ran across a blurp on his being an atheists and I was curious about who else might be:

http://www.celebatheists.com/wiki/Catego...ry:Atheist

Mine would be

Che Guevara - in remembrance of my long long long long long gone student days and the Guevara posters all over my student apartment

Robert Silverberg - to talk about "The Book of Skulls.

George Orwell - I'm sure he already has a Hellish Version of "Animal Farm" written.

Butterfly McQueen - because she's the biggest surprise on the list.

Alan Cumming - I like his work.

The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
RE: So, if as an atheist/agnostic we're wrong about the god thing
Isaac Asimov
George Carlin
Noam Chomsky
Larry Flynt
Jodie Foster
Sigmund Freud
John Lennon
Barry Manilow
Julianne Moore
Friedrich Nietzsche
Ayn Rand
Sarah Silverman
Linus Torvalds
Alan Turing
Sarah Polley.

That's about as short as I can get it.
Uh, we not only have to be "wrong" about the god thing but the xtian shitwits have to be RIGHT about their version being correct.

The first is unlikely and the second is very unlikely.
(December 18, 2010 at 7:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Uh, we not only have to "wrong" about the god thing but the xtian shitwits have to be RIGHT about their version being correct.

The first is unlikely and the second is very unlikely.

Could have not said it better myself.

undefined
How about Satan? He seems pretty cool.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
Hot loose women who died young.

Is that shallow?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Bill Hicks
George Carlin
Josef Stalin
Friedrich Nietzche (so deep durp herp)
Hitler... If indeed that's where he ended up. I'd certainly hope he'd be there, but given all the moral loopholes in Roman Catholicism, he may have gone to the good place.

(December 19, 2010 at 12:27 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Hot loose women who died young.

Is that shallow?

You sir, are a man after my own heart.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
Dermot Morgan Smile
From the list?

George Carlin
Jimmy Carr
Rodney Dangerfield
Richard Dawkins
Ricky Gervais
Eddie Izzard
Patton Oswalt

Damn, Dawkins broke my all-comedian streak.

Others... (assuming all non-Christians are Hell-bound)

Lawrence Krauss
Lewis Black
Tenzin Gyatso
Epicurus
Stephen Hawking
Albert Einstein
PZ Meyers
Brian Dalton

And this adorable little guy (Khagendra Thapa Magar):

I would go to Hell to meet him.
"Faith is about taking a comforting, childlike view of a disturbing and complicated world." ~ Edward Current

[Image: Invisible_Pink_Unicorn_by_stampystampy.gif] [Image: 91b7ba0967f80c8c43c58fdf3fa0571a.gif] [Image: Secular_Humanist_by_MaruLovesStamps.gif]
Kent Hovind, Ken Hamm and Ray Comfort.

So I can spend the rest of eternity laughing at their sorry asses when they find themselves in hell.

And Jenna JamesonDevil
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4733 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 448 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The best thing about ____________ ( fill in blank) onlinebiker 3 311 March 13, 2022 at 12:45 pm
  I just found the coolest thing on the planet The Valkyrie 5 563 July 14, 2021 at 7:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1147 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  A DNR that went wrong. Jehanne 12 806 March 31, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The good thing about being forgetful and bills.... Brian37 13 699 July 25, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  was it my big boobs or just the wrong stool funcouple 8 963 August 30, 2019 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  My cat is the weirdest thing Foxaèr 17 1769 October 9, 2018 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  Say the nicest thing about the user above. Mystic 26 1850 October 7, 2018 at 6:24 pm