Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your all-time favorite hallucination?
Your all-time favorite hallucination?
Trippin' balls at the "Robert F. Kennedy Funivia" on the slopes of Mt. Etna, during an eruption. I became convinced that the lava flowed all the way to Tunisia, and I could walk there, score some hash, and then walk back. Friends distracted me, unfortunately.
RE: Your all-time favorite hallucination?

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I've never taken hallucinogenics.   I just imagine stuff, visualize it in my head and enjoy the ride.   It's cheaper plus I can do it anytime.  This ability comes from not having TV or radio or any other form of entertainment  when I was a kid so I became hyper-imaginative.  It got to the point where it kinda worried my parents.
I was a teenager. Someone who whose father was a dentist came in with big grocery bags filled with laughing gas and passed them around the room along with straws. My hallucination involved a full-fledged carnival at night. It was like the most intense dayglo/black velvet poster of all the rides and events, with a giant roller coaster surrounding all of it. It felt like it went on for days. To this day I wish I had art skills and could draw it.

I honestly don't know how I survived my teen years.

Now I don't do drugs, don't drink and don't smoke cigarettes. The last thing I (we) let go of was pot. We were both over fifty by then.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
(September 28, 2018 at 10:49 am)Dancefortwo Wrote: I've never taken hallucinogenics.   I just imagine stuff, visualize it in my head and enjoy the ride.   It's cheaper plus I can do it anytime.  This ability comes from not having TV or radio or any other form of entertainment  when I was a kid so I became hyper-imaginative.  It got to the point where it kinda worried my parents.
Me ASF. I spend more time in my own head than anywhere else tbh. Usually Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier from the MCU) is involved tho.  Angel
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
(September 28, 2018 at 10:49 am)Dancefortwo Wrote: I've never taken hallucinogenics.   I just imagine stuff, visualize it in my head and enjoy the ride.   It's cheaper plus I can do it anytime.  This ability comes from not having TV or radio or any other form of entertainment  when I was a kid so I became hyper-imaginative.  It got to the point where it kinda worried my parents.

I've hallucinated on "regular" pain-killers. I once had a conversation with a doctor while on fentanyl that apparently never actually happened. But the doctor gave the same responses IRL when I came out of the drug.

(September 28, 2018 at 10:54 am)outtathereligioncloset Wrote: I was a teenager.  Someone who whose father was a dentist came in with big grocery bags filled with laughing gas and passed them around the room along with straws.  My hallucination involved a full-fledged carnival at night.  It was like the most intense dayglo/black velvet poster of all the rides and events, with a giant roller coaster surrounding all of it.  It felt like it went on for days.  To this day I wish I had art skills and could draw it.

I honestly don't know how I survived my teen years.

Now I don't do drugs, don't drink and don't smoke cigarettes.  The last thing I (we) let go of was pot.  We were both over fifty by then.

Nitrous oxide is fun, but it only ever made me laugh. Popcorn
Done a fair amount of pychedelics but I've never hallucinated in the way op is talking about. I've had visuals but never been convinced that what I was seeing was real.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Our Lady of Fatima and the Miracle of the Sun.

RAmen
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

A very pretty girl gave me a bunch of pills and played badass music for hours......and then, I saw a demon scamper across US19 at o-dark-thirty.

It was basically my perfect night.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
There are so many it's hard to pick one.

70's, driving in a car (orange Vega) to the Lincoln campus and the road became an artery, the car a cell feeding the body, and the four of us became social viri. Things degenerated from there.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's your favorite serial killer? Foxaèr 9 657 October 6, 2022 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's your favorite Weather app? Jehanne 13 1124 July 20, 2022 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Your favorite species. Brian37 43 1998 August 11, 2021 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Your favorite meat approximation? Gawdzilla Sama 31 1601 August 29, 2020 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your Favorite Religious/ Scriptural Quotes chimp3 37 3913 May 6, 2020 at 11:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 1921 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your favorite type of Dog Docto021 23 1504 May 6, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Where's your favorite place to travel to? EgoDeath 21 2088 March 2, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  I Guess You've All Been Practicing Your Aim Rhondazvous 20 1473 August 29, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What's Your Favorite Bird Amarok 65 6662 July 24, 2018 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie