Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get out of going to church?
How to get out of going to church?
how can i get out of going to church tomorrow without bringing up the fact that I think it's all a load of horse shit? my family is stupid 51 weeks a year they won't go to church but come christmas they all think it's mandatory they go.
RE: How to get out of going to church?
Convert to Judaism
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Tell them it's a load of horse shit.
(December 23, 2010 at 7:53 pm)mamamia88 Wrote: how can i get out of going to church tomorrow without bringing up the fact that I think it's all a load of horse shit? my family is stupid 51 weeks a year they won't go to church but come christmas they all think it's mandatory they go.
Just do what I do, and just hope that mom ends up not feeling well enough.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
"Not feeling well" is always a good excuse.

To be sure....having to listen to a lengthy dose of horseshit is guaranteed to upset your stomach so think of it as "preventive medicine."
Crosses fingers for snowstorm. Is it rude to walk out in middle of mass and pretend to get diarrhea if I can't take it anymore?
You may not be pretending.

Big Grin
You should interrupt Mass. Call it bullshit and walk out in front of everyone. Wait till the part where they are all being self-loathing sacks of shit going on about how they are weak and worthless sinners etc.
What once worked to me was telling my parents "I don't want some guy preaching his religion to me". It doesn't create much conflict (since nearly all theists shiver on the sound of "atheist"), but it also gives away that you're developing a view of your own, likely different from theirs.

Dunno if it's too late Tongue
Well, I personally ended up not going to church on Christmas Eve because my mother was sick and I was coming down with a head cold (which I still have today); although, there is a part of me that wishes I did go, if only because I had trouble sleeping Christmas Eve and the service would at least have bored me enough to help facilitate sleep (for the record, my family is Lutheran.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 2330 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Yeah, not going to happen!! Mystic 29 4674 October 18, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How are you going to commit to the war on Christmas? Fidel_Castronaut 108 25615 January 4, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Need advice for going to college Won2blv 33 4428 September 19, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  going to give my all to atheism Yoplait 46 8055 June 4, 2015 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Question for Atheists: Is coming out as an atheist as hard as coming out as gay? Blackrook 46 11850 May 2, 2015 at 2:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Going to a Roman Catholic school and expressing my opinion. piterski123 7 3337 April 28, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Going Back & Finding Nothing There WastedLife 30 8487 March 19, 2015 at 5:49 am
Last Post: abaris
  Going On Hiatus- Religion is Still Silly LivingNumbers6.626 6 2265 February 11, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Confessions: Going to Church for Xmas this Year *Deidre* 39 6337 December 28, 2014 at 6:39 am
Last Post: bennyboy