Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech....
Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech....
This is a brave person. Meanwhile the orange turd keeps repeating "fake news" and has called reporters, "The enemy of the people".

The orange turd empowers dictators like Putin and Un and the Saudi family by repeating vile attacks on the press. I am not kidding, nor am I making this about economics or party. The current occupant of the White House is doing everything to undermine our institutions and checks on power. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...cbd52ac519 

Having interned in college in TV and worked in radio, I take the orange turd's vile attacks on reporters personally. And I don't want to hear shit about "presumption of innocence" because that has nothing to do with doing the investigation regardless of where the evidence leads. If you get your house broken into, shit stolen, but you are not there, you still have the right to call the cops and have THEM investigate it. This reporter going missing is even worse on the global scale. The whitewashing by the POTUS and kissing the ass of dictators like Putin and Un and now the Saudis sends a very dangerous message to reporters worldwide that we won't as America, hold them to account. No it isn't about starting wars, but it is about leading the world, and we are failing to do that because we have a bully in the office who is vilifying everyone to avoid scrutiny into his own past. This reporter died standing up to power, and he represents the good in humanity, the ability to tell bullies exactly what they are and exposing them for what they are.

I implore everyone reading this not to simply look at me and the amount I post here as "doing nothing". If you value an open society and free press and checks on power, then you can help too, by appealing to your local and national officials, anywhere in the west, in Europe and Canada and Mexico and Australia, ect ect ect. We cannot have journalists in the west living in fear of being murdered by mobs or dictators or theocracies. 

I will not stop posting about this, here or elsewhere, and believe me, this is NOT the only place I post. I am looking at a long term picture, and where humans were before the Age Of Enlightenment, before our modern concepts on checks on dictator kings. I look at former open societies like Cuba and Iran and how fragile they can be. It isn't about starting wars or playing world police for me. It is about protecting the idea of being able to challenge those in power and to prevent the abuse of power. Journalism is that check, and without it, we will be nothing but objects to those with power.
RE: Saudi Reporter's last column. Free speech....
And the orange Turd did it again last night at his Gestapo rally implying that what the politician did in body slamming a reporter was ok.

I am not kidding everyone. This is very dangerous rhetoric coming from the President. This cannot be tolerated in a free society. That fucker is simply doing all his scapegoating and vilifying to distract everyone from his own financial past. I cannot say this enough, this is not about religion or economics. This is a very dangerous man who is undermining our institutions through constant sell of lies and fear.

i urge everyone who understands this to speak out everywhere you can, as much as you can every day.
Something terrible and disgusting like what happened to Jamal in the consulate, and happening daily to every free person inside Saudi Arabia is a contagous cancer, it gives lots of bad people the bravery to cross the red line and chase free journalists and any person defying dictators.

If the world didn't retaliate against this crime, criminals will have the guts to repeat it over and over. Trump gave Saudi Arabia friendship and protection, previous presidents of the U.S did the same and we saw the results with the butchering of Kashoggi.

A psychopath would result from a family of psychopaths, and with the friendship with other corrupt psychopaths, the crimes happen.
I respect your noble stands; Brian. I hope all humans do the same, and I hope Americans in specific wake up to the corrupt asshole in the office.
(October 19, 2018 at 9:27 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Something terrible and disgusting like what happened to Jamal in the consulate, and happening daily to every free person inside Saudi Arabia is a contagous cancer, it gives lots of bad people the bravery to cross the red line and chase free journalists and any person defying dictators.

If the world didn't retaliate against this crime, criminals will have the guts to repeat it over and over. Trump gave Saudi Arabia friendship and protection, previous presidents of the U.S did the same and we saw the results with the butchering of Kashoggi.

A psychopath would result from a family of psychopaths, and with the friendship with other corrupt psychopaths, the crimes happen.
I respect your noble stands; Brian. I hope all humans do the same, and I hope Americans in specific wake up to the corrupt asshole in the office.

^^^^^^^^^

To all the stubborn right wing supporters reading this. FUCKING READ WHAT THIS MUSLIM IS SAYING! I am fucking sick of the crybaby assholes here thinking they are being oppressed when Atlass lives it EVERY FUCKING DAY! I don't want to hear shit from any of you if you think it is ok for A PRESIDENT to imply body slamming a reporter is acceptable behavior.

This isn't Trump's personal episode of WWE. Any sane person who values an open society SHOULD BE ANGRY, so yea, you want to call the left a mob, damned fucking right because I do not want America to turn into a Christian version of Saudi Arabia.
(October 19, 2018 at 9:32 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 19, 2018 at 9:27 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Something terrible and disgusting like what happened to Jamal in the consulate, and happening daily to every free person inside Saudi Arabia is a contagous cancer, it gives lots of bad people the bravery to cross the red line and chase free journalists and any person defying dictators.

^^^^^^^^^

To all the stubborn right wing supporters reading this. FUCKING READ WHAT THIS MUSLIM IS SAYING! I am fucking sick of the crybaby assholes here thinking they are being oppressed when Atlass lives it EVERY FUCKING DAY! I don't want to hear shit from any of you if you think it is ok for A PRESIDENT to imply body slamming a reporter is acceptable behavior.

This isn't Trump's personal episode of WWE. Any sane person who values an open society SHOULD BE ANGRY, so yea, you want to call the left a mob, damned fucking right because I do not want America to turn into a Christian version of Saudi Arabia.

People who whine about "oppression" in the west, need to visit a Middle Eastern country. Especially extreme places like Saudi Arabia..let me explain: first of all the power is in the hands of a very very limited and small circle of individuals, with a total isolation from outside interaction with the population.

Literally, there is no way to contact "the real authority", behind walls of law-enforcement institutions, and behind the army's protection, even the intelligence agency of the country works only in the benefit of the small, powerful elite circle.

That is not like the west. Imagine yourself living in a place, that imprisons you and torture you -maybe even to death- if you write an article or even a tweet on twitter, criticizing a member of the elite circle.

Lots of the people "who thought that the news about how terrible the Middle East is" is not true, can just see what happened in the case of Jamal Kashoggi: in the Middle East it's so normal to hear about similar (and even more brutal stuff) happening to any person defying the elite circles even with an article.

That's why when somebody like Trump supports these criminals, the damage and devastation to the people of the region is immense and unspeakable.

I think the above is "oppression". Please, Right-wing enthusiasts.
(October 19, 2018 at 9:59 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(October 19, 2018 at 9:32 am)Brian37 Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^

People who whine about "oppression" in the west, need to visit a Middle Eastern country. Especially extreme places like Saudi Arabia..let me explain: first of all the power is in the hands of a very very limited and small circle of individuals, with a total isolation from outside interaction with the population.

Literally, there is no way to contact "the real authority", behind walls of law-enforcement institutions, and behind the army's protection, even the intelligence agency of the country works only in the benefit of the small, powerful elite circle.

That is not like the west. Imagine yourself living in a place, that imprisons you and torture you -maybe even to death- if you write an article or even a tweet on twitter, criticizing a member of the elite circle.

Lots of the people "who thought that the news about how terrible the Middle East is" is not true, can just see what happened in the case of Jamal Kashoggi: in the Middle East it's so normal to hear about similar (and even more brutal stuff) happening to any person defying the elite circles even with an article.

That's why when somebody like Trump supports these criminals, the damage and devastation to the people of the region is immense and unspeakable.

I think the above is "oppression". Please, Right-wing enthusiasts: get over yourself and accept democracy up your ass. At least nobody resorted to bone saws yet, and that's a good thing !

THANK YOU!

What the orange turd's supporters do not understand is that his long term vilification of reporters can and will erode any open society if left unchecked. 

Cuba and Iran long ago were open societies. But they fell in large part because of attacks on press and sell of fear and propaganda and sell of blind loyalty to nationalism. 

And again, no right winger has to take my word for it. 50 former republican intel agents warned us during his run what his rhetoric could do and is doing, and not just on the issue of reporters, but on global and national stability.

There is lots of crap I can handle from any religion and lots I can handle on those whom support horrible economic policies. But if anyone values an open society they should not tolerate a President vilifying reporters.
[Image: 34dlvsn.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 19, 2018 at 9:59 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: That is not like the west. Imagine yourself living in a place, that imprisons you and torture you -maybe even to death- if you write an article or even a tweet on twitter, criticizing a member of the elite circle.
Atlas, if you're one of those people speaking out against those in power despite living in Saudi Arabia with a threat to your life, you're really brave. We can criticize Trump and call him vile and whatever we like because we know that no one's going to put us behind bars for it. I wonder how many of us would still do that if SaudiArabia-like brutality was used to meet any dissent.
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
(October 19, 2018 at 10:40 am)DodosAreDead Wrote:
(October 19, 2018 at 9:59 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: That is not like the west. Imagine yourself living in a place, that imprisons you and torture you -maybe even to death- if you write an article or even a tweet on twitter, criticizing a member of the elite circle.
Atlas, if you're one of those people speaking out against those in power despite living in Saudi Arabia with a threat to your life, you're really brave. We can criticize Trump and call him vile and whatever we like because we know that no one's going to put us behind bars for it. I wonder how many of us would still do that if SaudiArabia-like brutality was used to meet any dissent.

Not yet, no. But if more politicians take on his tactic of vilification it can get that way. I am tired of people assuming our system cant fall. It wont as long as we care to keep our voices up to prevent that from happening. Our government institutions do not protect themselves, participation is on our part is what creates that assurance.

Atlass isn't the only one I worry about. I have a friend online who lives in Pakistan, he is a former Muslim and an atheist. I also worry about his state or a mob there harming him. 

Our right wingers here do not know what a deeply right wing state looks like. Saudi Arabia is one of those religiously conservative states. 

It is a myth that China or North Korea are liberal states. "Liberal" does not mean communism. "Liberal" does not mean theocracy. "Liberal" means open, plural, not monochromatic.

If we as a western open society cease to protect reporters, then nobody of any party is safe.
(October 19, 2018 at 10:48 am)Brian37 Wrote: Not yet, no. But if more politicians take on his tactic of vilification it can get that way. I am tired of people assuming our system cant fall. It wont as long as we care to keep our voices up to prevent that from happening. Our government institutions do not protect themselves, participation is on our part is what creates that assurance.

Atlass isn't the only one I worry about. I have a friend online who lives in Pakistan, he is a former Muslim and an atheist. I also worry about his state or a mob there harming him. 

Our right wingers here do not know what a deeply right wing state looks like. Saudi Arabia is one of those religiously conservative states. 

It is a myth that China or North Korea are liberal states. "Liberal" does not mean communism. "Liberal" does not mean theocracy. "Liberal" means open, plural, not monochromatic.

If we as a western open society cease to protect reporters, then nobody of any party is safe.
Who tf thinks China or North Korea is liberal?! 

And yes, liberal systems have fallen in the past. I do not think that'll happen in a country as globally important as the United States, but that's just my own (admittedly undereducated) opinion. 

I have a few friends online who live in Pakistan too. I think on the whole they have it much better than people from SA, N Korea, China etc though. (And I'm viciously against the Pakistani 'government', so I'm not saying this due to any bias.)
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last French Survivor of D-Day Leon Gautier dies at the age of 100 (Monday July 3rd) Leonardo17 0 359 July 8, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Well, that didn't last long...MyPillow guy fail. arewethereyet 4 724 November 13, 2022 at 1:04 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 588 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Biden's Victory Speech onlinebiker 45 2945 September 1, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1593 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  frees speech, hate speech or a comedy routine? ignoramus 16 586 May 26, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Biden on punishing MBS and Saudi Arabia WinterHold 27 2435 March 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 27828 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
  Intimidation and defamation. Last desperate act. Brian37 16 1705 January 4, 2021 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2191 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am