Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animation explaining Mormonism.
Animation explaining Mormonism.
[youtube]zy0d1HbItOo[/youtube]
Makes perfect sense. Angel
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Animation explaining Mormonism.
Mormonism is one of the most ridiculous cults around.
Ridiculous and scary. Their indoctrination goes above and beyond any cult I've ever read up about. We have one of its victims that managed to break free here on the forum. Not a lot of people are that fortunate being able to do so.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Thanks for that Leo, it's timing couldn't be better. When I returned home Sunday night, my 19 year old son was sitting in the living-room chatting to two young Mormon lads. They were very friendly and polite, as they always are, and they are coming back tomorrow. I've already told my son that they believe in lots of weird stuff even from a main stream Christian perspective and I will show him this video. What is so tragic, is that these lads are absolutely convinced they have the truth. They don't seem to question anything. Anyway, I'll have a good chat with them tomorrow. Thanks again.
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
(January 13, 2009 at 5:26 am)CoxRox Wrote: Thanks for that Leo, it's timing couldn't be better. When I returned home Sunday night, my 19 year old son was sitting in the living-room chatting to two young Mormon lads. They were very friendly and polite, as they always are, and they are coming back tomorrow. I've already told my son that they believe in lots of weird stuff even from a main stream Christian perspective and I will show him this video. What is so tragic, is that these lads are absolutely convinced they have the truth. They don't seem to question anything. Anyway, I'll have a good chat with them tomorrow. Thanks again.

You'll have to tell us how that goes.

Personally I wouldn't have let them in the house and certainly not anywhere near my children, but they are younger than yours.

See what you can do with them and try to make them at least question their own faith.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Mormons tend to pretend their church didn't have a racist background, so you might offend them by bringing up that part. If doesn't stop it from being true though.
Utterly mad. The missionaries never tell you this stuff. Maybe its like Scientology where they only tell you the space alien story when you give them enough money.
Hoi Zaeme.
(January 13, 2009 at 6:23 am)Darwinian Wrote: You'll have to tell us how that goes.

Personally I wouldn't have let them in the house and certainly not anywhere near my children, but they are younger than yours.

See what you can do with them and try to make them at least question their own faith.

My son is 19 now so he needs to make his own mind up about things. I've just got him to watch the video and he couldn't believe it. We'll be asking them if the stuff in the video is true etc. I'll let you all know how it went.....Dodgy

Albert Einstein
(January 13, 2009 at 6:33 am)Tiberius Wrote: Mormons tend to pretend their church didn't have a racist background, so you might offend them by bringing up that part. If doesn't stop it from being true though.

"You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind.

The first man that committed the odious crime of killing one of his brethren will be cursed the longest of any one of the children of Adam. Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would have put a termination to that line of human beings.

This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin. Trace mankind down to after the flood, and then another curse is pronounced upon the same race--that they should be the "servant of servants;" and they will be, until that curse is removed."

Brigham Young-President and second 'Prophet' of the Mormon Church, 1844-1877- Extract from Journal of Discourses.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
Well, we didn't get very far with the Mormon lads. They are so completely immersed in their beliefs and way of life that I might as well be talking another language. They don't try to convince you by any clever discussion. They have a simple approach: read a verse from the book of Mormon (I can't remember which one it is now) that tells you the things in it are true! Dodgy Then pray to God (with a sincere heart) that He will reveal if these things are true.

The thing that strikes me about the mormon missionaries, is that they seem to have an old fashioned 'wholesomeness' for want of a better word. They are so polite and courteous. They offer to help with any jobs you need doing. It must be that American charm. I've said they are welcome to pop in for a chat if they are passing and want to get warm and have a drink.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Godzilla Short Animation Mechaghostman2 1 419 January 3, 2018 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  This is cool. Animation of the Destruction of Pompeii Minimalist 5 1384 March 14, 2016 at 3:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Animation: The Backwater Gospel Creed of Heresy 0 563 June 14, 2014 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  A truly beautiful animation Creed of Heresy 2 2101 July 7, 2012 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Animation Dancing Rayaan 4 1910 October 17, 2011 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Cool Evolution Animation Tiberius 3 2689 December 17, 2008 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc