Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA Struck down by TX federal judge.
ACA Struck down by TX federal judge.
Said it was unconstitutional after the tax penalty for not having insurance was removed. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/14/677000626...titutional

The cats out o the bag, I don't see it being put back in.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: ACA Struck down by TX federal judge.
Well since the SCOTUS upheld it, don't be surprised if Chief Roberts tells this 5th district judge to fly a kite.
This is going to get ugly
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 15, 2018 at 7:56 am)Amarok Wrote: This is going to get ugly

Nope, this is going to screw the GOP. Laws in general over our history, it is hard once people get used to something, and we've had the ACA for years now, to yank that from people now, I think this is going hurt the GOP.

According to CNN, just now, a legal annalist is saying the Texas judge was basing this on the fact that the tax for not signing up isn't in it now, but for now it really does not end the ACA, it is basically trying to force congress to fix this loophole. But I do think because the ACA is popular, this is suicide for the GOP to screw with it.
(December 15, 2018 at 6:38 am)wyzas Wrote: Said it was unconstitutional after the tax penalty for not having insurance was removed. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/14/677000626...titutional

The cats out o the bag, I don't see it being put back in.

His decision is already being appealed:

Federal Judge Strikes Down ACA
The ACA was the worst solution to a problem.

The state medical like Canada or England is a far more economically effective system.

Obamacare is just corporate welfare for insurance companies.
Obamacare was a horrible idea from the get go and hurt a lot of people in the process. They just need to kill it indefinitely, and come to a bipartisan agreement on a plan that is more beneficial to those who need special coverage.
(December 15, 2018 at 2:25 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Obamacare was a horrible idea from the get go and hurt a lot of people in the process.  They just need to kill it indefinitely, and come to a bipartisan agreement on a plan that is more beneficial to those who need special coverage.

How about we just get everybody coverage??

If you want " special" - pay for it.
(December 15, 2018 at 2:38 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(December 15, 2018 at 2:25 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Obamacare was a horrible idea from the get go and hurt a lot of people in the process.  They just need to kill it indefinitely, and come to a bipartisan agreement on a plan that is more beneficial to those who need special coverage.

How about we just get everybody coverage??

If you want " special" - pay for it.

That's what they were trying to do, but it was poorly organized and executed.  That's why the premiums skyrocketed and providers were dropping out.  Some states, like Iowa, went down to one provider, then demanded larger premiums because they knew they were the only ones left.  The insurance companies were also making it difficult for claims to get processed by using third parties to handle the claims. Then there were layers placed on top of that to try and get anything done.  My mom got duped into one of the policies when she retired.  They were charging her extra payments, and to get it corrected the insurance company told my mom she had to send bank information through snail mail to their third party.  Three months later and still extra payments coming out, but can only contact through snail mail, and had to resend all the information.  Then they kept on switching providers.  Sometimes because providers were refusing to handle it.  That was Obama's big selling point to get it approved.   "You can keep your provider."  Hopefully it will get shot dead for good and we can start over with something better.
(December 15, 2018 at 1:24 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: The ACA was the worst solution to a problem.
Blame the GOP, they thought it up.

You really think the hard right is going to play nice?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIV drug mandate violates religious freedom, judge rules zebo-the-fat 6 1009 September 9, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Burning down the House Brian37 12 1176 December 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2424 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  St. Louis attorneys draw down on protestors passing by. Gawdzilla Sama 97 5471 July 20, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1473 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case EgoDeath 15 1507 July 1, 2019 at 12:21 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Here's Another Judge For The Orange Turdfuhrer to Hate Minimalist 1 472 November 23, 2018 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Another Judge For the WLB to Hate Minimalist 0 460 November 20, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  One Trump Loving Confederate Asshole Goes Down In Flames Minimalist 25 3038 November 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Donald Trump shuts down EPA's climate change website. Jehanne 6 835 November 4, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Joods