Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Trump be Ambushed for 2020 Nomination?
Will Trump be Ambushed for 2020 Nomination?
Here's a challenger that the Republicans might go nuts for:

Joni Ernst

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/2...cy-1117340

Just imagine how humiliating it would be for Democrats if the first female president were to be a Republican. This would be a really smart play for the Republicans.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
RE: Will Trump be Ambushed for 2020 Nomination?
Why would it be humiliating?
(January 22, 2019 at 4:31 pm)Yonadav Wrote: Here's a challenger that the Republicans might go nuts for:

Joni Ernst

Just imagine how humiliating it would be for Democrats if the first female president were to be a Republican. This would be a really smart play for the Republicans.

We could do worse.

In fact - we are.
(January 22, 2019 at 4:35 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Why would it be humiliating?

Because the Democratic Party feels that they have worked the hardest to promote female politicians, and the First Female President trophy was supposed to go to them. The Republican Party is routinely disparaged as being white, male, and misogynist.

Personally, I am hoping that a strong challenger comes out against Trump for the Republican nomination.  I think that Ernst would be a very strong challenger. Would she be strong enough to knock off Trump? It's never happened before, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.  I think that a strong challenge from her would weaken Trump, and it would set her up to be the Republican nominee in a 2024 or 28.

(January 22, 2019 at 4:37 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(January 22, 2019 at 4:31 pm)Yonadav Wrote: Here's a challenger that the Republicans might go nuts for:

Joni Ernst

We could do worse.

In fact - we are.

As bad as we are doing, I am sort of more afraid than usual of a strong and popular Republican emerging as president in the wake of Trump's mess.

Joni Ernst

Um no, she would simply be another Nader all gender aside.
(January 22, 2019 at 4:57 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Joni Ernst

Um no, she would simply be another Nader all gender aside.

Uh yeah, we aren't talking about a third party challenger. We're talking about a primary challenger.
(January 22, 2019 at 5:06 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(January 22, 2019 at 4:57 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Um no, she would simply be another Nader all gender aside.

Uh yeah, we aren't talking about a third party challenger. We're talking about a primary challenger.

Doesn't matter. Even if another male challenges Trump on the GOP ticket it will end up being their version of Bernie taking away votes from Hillary. Don't get me wrong. I want someone in the Gop who is not a racist fuckface to take enough votes away from him to sink him.
(January 22, 2019 at 5:09 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 22, 2019 at 5:06 pm)Yonadav Wrote: Uh yeah, we aren't talking about a third party challenger. We're talking about a primary challenger.

Doesn't matter. Even if another male challenges Trump on the GOP ticket it will end up being their version of Bernie taking away votes from Hillary. Don't get me wrong. I want someone in the Gop who is not a racist fuckface to take enough votes away from him to sink him.

So it would weaken Trump like I said in post #4?
(January 22, 2019 at 5:12 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(January 22, 2019 at 5:09 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Doesn't matter. Even if another male challenges Trump on the GOP ticket it will end up being their version of Bernie taking away votes from Hillary. Don't get me wrong. I want someone in the Gop who is not a racist fuckface to take enough votes away from him to sink him.

So it would weaken Trump like I said in post #4?

The orange turd is in a very bad spot right now. Even without a in party or third party challenger, he is on the hook for the shutdown alone. He is facing House investigations too. It wont scare his base, but that should be enough to erode the swing voters he got the last time.
The conjecture surrounds the GOP running a female candidate?  Pigs might fly, too.  Wink

They've gone the other way, entirely. They didn't do this awhile a go..or complete the process..it's what they're still doing - defining themselves by an outlier demographic opposed to the democrats voting bloc. Defining themselves into opposition of the very idea, lol. Hoping that motivation will hold back sheer numbers long enough to cash in..and then out.

John Boehners a weed salesman..now, just something to consider.

The GOP rejected the ideology of inclusivity that it had cultivated in preparation for this demographic shift when it was completely annihilated in the primaries by rabid nativism.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1062 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 2046 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee
  JoJo 2020 onlinebiker 3 348 May 30, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Andrew Yang 2020 EgoDeath 0 199 February 19, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36912 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  My predictions for 2019 & 2020. Jehanne 17 2015 November 13, 2018 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Joods
  Who do you want to be the Democratic nominee in 2020? CapnAwesome 71 4062 September 14, 2018 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Should Hillary Run in 2020? John V 40 6361 July 19, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Realistically can anything be done regarding Trumps nomination? GODZILLA 22 2343 July 11, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  You Were Stupid. Will You Still Be Stupid in 2020? Minimalist 39 5099 May 15, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd