Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new here :)
new here :)
Hello everyone, I'm SaVanna. :) I've been an atheist for about two months and I'm kind of starved for some like-minded companionship haha. I was born and raised Southern Baptist. I'm a college student right now, studying nutrition/dietetics. Can't wait to get to know some of you guys! :]
The Southern Belle: This girl's blog about life, love, and atheism in the heart of the Bible Belt.
RE: new here :)
tsbelle Wrote:Hello everyone, I'm SaVanna. Smile I've been an atheist for about two months and I'm kind of starved for some like-minded companionship haha. I was born and raised Southern Baptist. I'm a college student right now, studying nutrition/dietetics. Can't wait to get to know some of you guys! :]

Welcome you are among friends now.
undefined
About 2 months?

Got a de-conversion story? Those are always quite entertaining.

Welcome. This can be a fun place most of the time.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Quote:I was born and raised Southern Baptist.

Oh my....another refugee from the nut basket.

Welcome, dear. Relax. You're among friends.
Hello and welcome.
I hope you feel at home here.
... as much as you can on an internet forum, anyway.

I promise we won't sacrifice you to the volcano god.
... maybe.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
tsbelle Wrote:Hello everyone, I'm SaVanna. Smile I've been an atheist for about two months and I'm kind of starved for some like-minded companionship haha. I was born and raised Southern Baptist. I'm a college student right now, studying nutrition/dietetics. Can't wait to get to know some of you guys! :]

Nice to meet you. I've been an atheist for a few years. I never really was religious though. I too was raised in a Southern Baptist home.
You poor thing. Southern Baptist is about as loony as it can get. Welcome to the real world. I look forward to hearing more of your story.
Welcome to our ragtag fleet, our motley crew, the herd of cats, the dance of servitude to rationality.

There be monsters here, but we're furry and more like Falcor than Smaug.

One chip equals three bisquits, it is true as toast, just ask the onion.
Welcome, also from the Bible Belt, survivor of a long-term relationship with a hellfire and brimstone Southern Baptist. May this place be your sanctuary. Smile
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome to the forums, enjoy your respite.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 585 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Here Nomistic 13 621 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 1002 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1267 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1101 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm