Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED.
Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED.
I voted for Bernie in the primaries, and Hillary in the general. Bernie ended up supporting Hillary once she got the nomination. BUT that is done and over and we cannot change the past. 

I am sick of BOTH Bernie's supporters and Hillary's supporters clinging to the past. I personally didn't want Bernie to run again, not because of him, the individual, but for the same reason I didn't want Hillary running again this time. BECAUSE of the  shit I am still seeing. The candidates as individuals ARE NOT THE PROBLEM, the lack of unity in supporting the nominee was back then, and will be again.

I cant see Bernie winning the nomination, not because I hate him, or love Hillary, but in that it it is a bigger field and I see someone else like Biden, or Warren or someone else having a better chance. But ultimately division is not an option.

The Supreme Court, should be the biggest issue in 2020. Giving the orange asshole 8 years will fuck things up even worse. 

PLEASE LIBERALS, let go of the past, there is too much at stake to be divided this time around.
RE: Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED.
What’s your definition of ‘Liberal’?
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)
(February 20, 2019 at 9:20 am)Brian37 Wrote: I voted for Bernie in the primaries, and Hillary in the general. Bernie ended up supporting Hillary once she got the nomination. BUT that is done and over and we cannot change the past. 

I am sick of BOTH Bernie's supporters and Hillary's supporters clinging to the past. I personally didn't want Bernie to run again, not because of him, the individual, but for the same reason I didn't want Hillary running again this time. BECAUSE of the  shit I am still seeing. The candidates as individuals ARE NOT THE PROBLEM, the lack of unity in supporting the nominee was back then, and will be again.

I cant see Bernie winning the nomination, not because I hate him, or love Hillary, but in that it it is a bigger field and I see someone else like Biden, or Warren or someone else having a better chance. But ultimately division is not an option.

The Supreme Court, should be the biggest issue in 2020. Giving the orange asshole 8 years will fuck things up even worse. 

PLEASE LIBERALS, let go of the past, there is too much at stake to be divided this time around.

Oh fuck off. Bernie shouldn't enter the race because Hillary fucked up what should have been one of the easiest Democratic victories in presidential politics? That's vapid fuckery. You are doing exactly what you claim that you don't want people to do. You are re-litigating 2016 by saying Bernie shouldn't run. Hillary fucked up, so you won't support Bernie. Idiot!
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(February 20, 2019 at 9:42 am)Yonadav Wrote:
(February 20, 2019 at 9:20 am)Brian37 Wrote: I voted for Bernie in the primaries, and Hillary in the general. Bernie ended up supporting Hillary once she got the nomination. BUT that is done and over and we cannot change the past. 

Oh fuck off. Bernie shouldn't enter the race because Hillary fucked up what should have been one of the easiest Democratic victories in presidential politics? That's vapid fuckery. You are doing exactly what you claim that you don't want people to do. You are re-litigating 2016 by saying Bernie shouldn't run. Hillary fucked up, so you won't support Bernie. Idiot!

^^^^^^ THIS THIS BULLSHIT right here will give the orange asshole 8 years.

Hillary had her own mistakes, nobody should deny that. But the individuals as candidates SUPPORTED EACH OTHER IN THE GENERAL. 

The real problem were the purist VOTERS in both Bernie and Hillary's camps. The majority of Bernie and Hillary supporters were on the same page. Unfortunately there was just enough of a big enough minority of purists who didn't help.

I voted for Bernie in the primary and Hillary in the general. 

I really don't give a shit at this point. I don't see Bernie getting the nomination, but that has nothing to do with hating him or loving him. My point is unity is far more important now. 

Because of the asshole purists in BOTH Hillary and Bernie camps the orange asshole has placed two judges on the Supreme Court. Give the orange fucker 8 years and the SCOTUS will be beyond repair.

I had problems with how Hillary ran the last weeks of her campaign. She did take the swing states for granted. And while Tim Kaine was great in his own right, he was not nationally known, and that was a mistake too.

But I am tired of BOTH the supporters of Bernie and Hillary acting as if the individuals themselves hated each other, they did not.

This time around I think it is far more likely someone like Harris or Warren, or Biden if he decides to run, will get the nomination. 

I am a pragmatist, not a purist. Giving the orange turd 8 years is not an option regardless.

And regardless of voting conservative or democrat, far too many voters think of voting as seeking a hero. Politicians are only as good as the support the voters give them. So again, VOTERS not the candidates are ultimately responsible for a win or a loss.
(February 20, 2019 at 10:00 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 20, 2019 at 9:42 am)Yonadav Wrote: Oh fuck off. Bernie shouldn't enter the race because Hillary fucked up what should have been one of the easiest Democratic victories in presidential politics? That's vapid fuckery. You are doing exactly what you claim that you don't want people to do. You are re-litigating 2016 by saying Bernie shouldn't run. Hillary fucked up, so you won't support Bernie. Idiot!

^^^^^^ THIS THIS BULLSHIT right here will give the orange asshole 8 years.

Hillary had her own mistakes, nobody should deny that. But the individuals as candidates SUPPORTED EACH OTHER IN THE GENERAL. 

The real problem were the purist VOTERS in both Bernie and Hillary's camps. The majority of Bernie and Hillary supporters were on the same page. Unfortunately there was just enough of a big enough minority of purists who didn't help.

I really don't give a shit at this point. I don't see Bernie getting the nomination, but that has nothing to do with hating him or loving him. My point is unity is far more important now. 

Because of the asshole purists in BOTH Hillary and Bernie camps the orange asshole has placed two judges on the Supreme Court. Give the orange fucker 8 years and the SCOTUS will be beyond repair.

I had problems with how Hillary ran the last weeks of her campaign. She did take the swing states for granted. And while Tim Kaine was great in his own right, he was not nationally known, and that was a mistake too.

But I am tired of BOTH the supporters of Bernie and Hillary acting as if the individuals themselves hated each other, they did not.

This time around I think it is far more likely someone like Harris or Warren, or Biden if he decides to run, will get the nomination. 

I am a pragmatist, not a purist. Giving the orange turd 8 years is not an option regardless.

These are the primaries, asswipe. If you intend to simply cast your primary vote (shrieking asshats like you usually don't vote at all) for the person that you think is going to win the nomination, then you are missing the entire point of primaries. You're not supposed to vote for the person that you think is going to win the nomination. You are supposed to vote for the person that you want. If you supported Bernie before, then there's no reason that you should not support him now, unless you think one of the Bernie wannabes is better than Bernie.
(February 20, 2019 at 9:35 am)DLJ Wrote: What’s your definition of ‘Liberal’?

It is going to vary from individual just like "atheist" also does not mean we agree on all things all the time.

But as a general description, "liberal" IN GENERAL is someone who values pluralism and values workers stability. There is still going to be disagreement even among liberals as to how to go about fostering that.

I am a liberal, but I am not for being SO PC as to stifle criticism of religion or blasphemy of religion.

I am a liberal, but I am not delusional as to thinking we can ban 100% of all firearms.

I am a liberal, but I do not think copying Cuba is a good path.

I am a liberal but do not treat the word "capitalism" as a form of government. 

I am for ending Reagan's failed trickle down economics, but not the private sector.
And regardless of voting conservative or democrat, far too many voters think of voting as seeking a hero. 

And asswipes are always voting against a villain.
(February 20, 2019 at 10:11 am)Yonadav Wrote:
(February 20, 2019 at 10:00 am)Brian37 Wrote: ^^^^^^ THIS THIS BULLSHIT right here will give the orange asshole 8 years.

These are the primaries, asswipe. If you intend to simply cast your primary vote (shrieking asshats like you usually don't vote at all) for the person that you think is going to win the nomination, then you are missing the entire point of primaries. You're not supposed to vote for the person that you think is going to win the nomination. You are supposed to vote for the person that you want. If you supported Bernie before, then there's no reason that you should not support him now, unless you think one of the Bernie wannabes is better than Bernie.

"Primaries"

NO SHIT, and that was the problem last time. You want to place the blame on the candidates, and I am saying neither of them were perfect in their run, both of them would have made great presidents. The blame belongs in both camps  VOTERS for lack of unity.

FYI , I vote every year in every election. 

I will say long term dems gave up after Reagan busted the air traffic control unions. In that context dems have not voted in midterms in greater numbers than the GOP. 

I will not be voting for Bernie this time in the Primaries. But I will be voting for whomever we nominate for the general. Just like I voted for different people last time. The general is what gets us into the White House.

Long term, out side of the year, mid term or presidential, liberals need to do what the GOP has done for 40 years. Think very day, say every day, expand every day and vote every year in all local state and national elections. 

Unity is why the GOP has controlled the narrative, and we are not going to expand or win if we stay divided long term. 

You cannot make this about one person. Politics is a long term strategy.

why is division not an option?

you want people to unify behind them? why should anyone do that? what policy positions are they gonna propose that people can unify behind?

what makes Biden any better? What policy positions does he have that make him better than Bernie?
(February 20, 2019 at 10:14 am)Yonadav Wrote:
And regardless of voting conservative or democrat, far too many voters think of voting as seeking a hero. 

And asswipes are always voting against a villain.

And in 2024 after you give the orange turd 8 years, and the Supreme court is not 5-4, but 7-3 or worse, remember you bullshit purity now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 25962 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  It's obvious the MSM Media hasn't learned it's lesson from 2016 GODZILLA 11 898 June 21, 2019 at 9:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2484 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4354 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do conservatives lie more than liberals? Angrboda 23 2621 June 17, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Fucking Orange Shitgibbon Can't Stop Talking ABout Himself Minimalist 3 671 May 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Laura Ingraham equates liberals to an STD. Brian37 5 720 February 24, 2018 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Liberals versus Leftists Neo-Scholastic 67 11814 November 5, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  'Big Joe' Humbles a group of liberals ErGingerbreadMandude 26 5820 January 25, 2017 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Leftists tearings 2016 Cobainism 62 7704 November 29, 2016 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Aegon