Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 5:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate the Last Movie You Have Seen
Rate the Last Movie You Have Seen
Män som hatar kvinnor 8/10
I haven't read the book but this made me wonder. I'm planning to read all books before watching sequel movies.
RE: Rate the Last Movie You Have Seen
The Evil Dead: 9/10

Corny, hammy, filmed on 16mm but an absolute classic and brilliant for it. A must for all horror fans! Gotta love Ashley..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
"None But The Brave" 2.5/5. NOT the 1965 Frank Sinatra film. This one was made about 10 years ago and is about the Nisei in WW2. Among others,it features Jason Scott Lee. Can't find it on Wiki or Google

I must have missed it when it came out,or perhaps not released her. Although I 'get it',the film doesn't quite work for me.
Tron Legacy: 5/5 - fantastic movie.
Gullivers Travels: 4/5 - it's Jack Black is an idiot movie. Laugh.
Hot Fuzz: 10/10. It's likely the most-well executed "buddy cop comedy" in existence, and probably the best film about police ever. I particularly was impressed with the character Nicholas Angel; He has an anal-retentive attitude towards the upholding of the law, but, surprisingly, it never reaches the point where it makes him look like an idiot. I wonder what the fact that a parody is the genre's best film says about the genre as a whole.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The Man Who Sued God Rating: Okay
--This movie had a very strong premise but a very weak ending. Billy Connolly just really kicks ass in this but the problem with the latter parts of the movie is that there just doesn't seem to be any tension. If the movie was thirty minutes longer and more of the film concentrated on the ups and downs of the trial, it may have turned out better, but this is basically a weaker Erin Brockovich. The whole trial just seemed to follow the formulaic needs of the movie and offering the reward of Connolly's success without going through any of the tense efforts seen in Erin B. It is an okay movie but I definately recommend Erin Brockovich over this.

Where the Green Ants Dream Rating: Dull
--This is the movie avatar without the acting, story, direction, storytelling elements, tension, or action. The paralells with James Cameron's movie is quite interesting, but it doesn't make the movie worth watching.

Amadeus Rating: Fantastic
--I did watch this movie in high school, along with Sybil, so after seeing it in the library, I checked it out and gave it a rewatch. This movie is ten times better than I remember it. Fantastic acting, excellent writing, the music is intoxicating, and the story, although embellished and altered from its clearly historical roots, is enthralling. I loved every second of it.

Sybil Rating: Absolutely Wonderful
--This is another movie I hadn't seen since high school so I checked it out from the library and watched it again just today. I never watched Sally Field in anything else but I was very interested to know that she was apparently the flying nun and nearly turned down for the part by the executives at NBC because of her comedic roots. Her acting as well as that of Joanne Woodward's made this movie. It's plainly obvious the quality and care that was put into the movie that was spelled out in the special features. This was a fantastic movie and easily my favorite of the bunch so far.

Citizen Kane {Not Yet Watched}
--This movie has been rated as among the greatest movies ever made. That is a lofty perch for a movie to sit and a lot of expectation to live up to. I have never seen this movie and I was glad to find it at the library. Unfortuantely, it was only available in VHS and it doesn't work in my VCR. Luckily, it seems to work in my parent's VCR, so I'm going to watch it soon come hell or high water. I'm looking forward to this one and I'll post again about it soon.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Shrek 4 - a fantastically funny and heart-warming effort from DreamWorks. It really was a long awaited returned to form that only the first Shrek film had previously provided and made the trying-too-hard second, and the insulting-our-intelligence third instalments obsolete 'bore fests' by comparison. The quadruplets could be chronologically likened to a sandwich where the first and last is wonderfully baked bread... but the middle two are a half-arsed filling.

Overall, a very happily after ever conclusion to the media franchise.
Kickass.
Fantastic film, hit girl was far and away the standout character a twelve year old killing machine in a purple wig, classic.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I've just watched Creation. A fine movie, focused on an imaginary relation of him with his late daughter. It would be much better if they had more of Thomas Huxley. 7/10

A quote from movie
Huxley (to Darwin): You've killed God, sir. And I say good riddance to the vindictive old bugger!
Green Hornet - 7/10. Entire movie was built around the climax scene, which was great. Could've skipped the first hour though. :S

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie Trailer heads up thread. Gawdzilla Sama 447 35309 May 4, 2024 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Ironic movie pairing. Gawdzilla Sama 1 576 November 10, 2023 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Favorite horror movie MR. Macabre 666 13 1095 June 14, 2023 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Your Favorite Religious Movie ? The Architect Of Fate 25 2532 November 24, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Uberpod
  Movie scenes that made you crap your pants. Brian37 33 2772 November 5, 2021 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Last Day of Work Playlist Rev. Rye 0 286 October 25, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Movie plot holes "Diehard 2"........... Brian37 10 1367 July 15, 2021 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The jarjar binks of a movie tackattack 19 1301 November 4, 2020 at 11:14 am
Last Post: brewer
  Her last days. Brian37 0 254 July 11, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The original Carrie horror movie. Brian37 30 1971 April 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye